Overstaying my visa by a couple days?

I will be in the philippines with the wife and family for about 64 days and my visa is good for 59 as you already know, what will happen if i overstay for those few days? i have heard a few diffrent situations but am still confused!! any answers are appreciated.

Welcome to the forum sperry81 :)

Your discussion has been moved to the Philippines forum for effective networking & increase your chance of getting answers & testimonials from members there.

Regards

Worst case scenario is that they will detain you.  Most likely, fine you when trying to go through immigration, which might delay you and miss your flight. Go to the embassy and extend your visa.

thanks for the answers, i will be doing the right move and extending my visa......merry christmas all !!!:D

You can extend your visa easily while in the Philippines at immigration just avoid the Crocodiles (officials in Le-coste polo shirts) its an easy process that will take 30mins to a couple of hours most of it waiting.. best to go early on the day of extension as the nearer you are to the start of the processing the faster it gets done.

IF you overstay generally they will fine you P1,000 for each month your late plus the standard fees. I have heard people get it upto date at the airport but no doubt officials knowing your desperate to get on the plane will try and add a few "extras" to do their job quickly so just as easy to do it while there.

I was accidentally 4 days over when i realized it at the airport in Manila
They made me pay a fine.

Just have some extra Philippine cash with you at the airport.

not to worry

Yes extending is easier but if you want to xtend do it in the provines like Batangas Bicol it only takes ten minutes in manilla whole day.