British School Bahrain

Hi everyone,

We are relocating to Bahrain in July and have had a look at school possibilities. ( Hoping to come and check them out in June). We have looked at the British School of Bahrain for my 12 year old daughter. Has anyone got any opinions on this school, good or bad? It's such a big decision, and her being happy at her new school is so important to me. My husband is going to be working at the airport, and we are still looking at which is the best area to live too.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Angela :)

Hey Angela

Its one of the best school in bahrain other than st christopher, you have made the right choice, the school is in other side of bahrain and the airport in the other end so i prefer u choose area like saar, budaiya or seef or else hamala ( where the british school is ) very nice area. More queries feel free to pm

Thanks and cheers

Totally agree with YaaSeen, BSB is great, so is St Chris.

Make sure you get on the waiting list asap as it can take a long time to get in. I would apply to both schools now - get the exam papers sent to your daughters current school and see what the waiting lists are like.

If you don't do this now then the schools will be shut for the summer.Schooling has to be your priority.

You can live in Hamala, Jasra, Janabiya, Saar areas. All good, all full of expats and close to BSB (St Chris has private school buses that goes to their campus)

Note that St Chris secondary campus is not in Saar, where their primary campus is, but in Isa Town.

Thank you for replying.

:)

Hi
Thanks for replying. I have contacted the BSB, and they have confirmed they have a place. I have the forms and I am just in the process of filling them to return asap!!!

Its just such an exciting and daunting prospect. Looking forward to it though!

Angela

You most welcome Angela, looking forward to see you in bahrain

Thanks

Great news. I went through the moving process during the summer holidays too and it was crazy trying to get my son in to school.

The good thing is that she will be starting her new school at the begining of the school year so she won't be "the new kid" as there will be lots of other new children going too.

You will love Bahrain

Hello,
Picking up on this post from last year, we are going through the same process at the moment with BSB. Can I check how extensive people found the assessment to be ? My son is in year 4 in London and we are looking to get him in year 5 when we move to Bahrain in few months time. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Hope your stint in Bahrain goes well, the British School has a good reputation and is a nice campus. I used to live in Amwaj which is quite close to the airport and I would recommend it for family living, it does mean a longer journey to the school though.

Regards

David

Thanks David. Do you have any idea how tough/long the assessment is that kids have to go through before being accepted in the school ?

DNP760 wrote:

Hope your stint in Bahrain goes well, the British School has a good reputation and is a nice campus. I used to live in Amwaj which is quite close to the airport and I would recommend it for family living, it does mean a longer journey to the school though.

Regards

David

Now that's what you call an understatement  :whistle:

Mythril wrote:
DNP760 wrote:

it does mean a longer journey to the school though.

Now that's what you call an understatement  :whistle:

No kidding! I think that journey is how they actually officially measure the width of Bahrain!

suburbansam wrote:

No kidding! I think that journey is how they actually officially measure the width of Bahrain!

:top::top:

Mythril wrote:
suburbansam wrote:

:top::top:

Thank you for thoroughly dealing with the topic at hand 😂 .... School assessment Vs how to measure the breadth of Bahrain