Simplified Naturalization Forms in English

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone have the application forms for this translated into English?  I have the Hungarian versions I received from the Embassy in Los Angeles but would like to have the English versions as well so I don"t make any mistakes filling them out.  I am qualified and have all the birth and marriage certificates I need to prove it.

This whole process makes me very nervous as my Hungarian is so so. I can ask for directions, order drinks, comment on the weather, apologize for stupid things I do or ask people if they speak English.  If they ask me to explain my family history or talk about the history of the country in Hungarian then I'm done.  Therefore, I want the paperwork to be perfect so there are fewer things to ask me about. 

Has anyone gone through the process at either the New York or Los Angeles Embassies?  A little pep talk on what to expect would do me wonders!

Many thanks,

Bob

RKinPA wrote:

This whole process makes me very nervous as my Hungarian is so so. I can ask for directions, order drinks, comment on the weather, apologize for stupid things I do or ask people if they speak English.  If they ask me to explain my family history or talk about the history of the country in Hungarian then I'm done.

My understanding of the Simplified Naturalization law includes a requirement that the applicant can show at least proficiency in the Hungarian language, and will be interviewed in Hungarian. I suspect you might need to learn more Hungarian to apply successfully.

But that is all my humble opinion.

Indeed, the London embassy's website is pretty severe on this point:

"Simplified naturalisation. This procedure applies if you or your natives were Hungarian citizen and you speak fluently Hungarian. For the English speaking applicants this procedure does not apply." (underscoring in original)

http://london.gov.hu/working-hours-appointment

But if they nonetheless accept your application at a rather basic level of Hungarian in Los Angeles or New York, please let us all know.

Will do!

RKinPA wrote:

Will do!

Any updates on this? Would love to hear your experience.

Me too. I'd also like to know how you had your documents translated into Hungarian: did the embassy or consulate do it?