Job opportunities

Hello everybody,
my name is Silvia and together with my husband (Matteo) I am planning to live and work in Vietnam for 1 or 2 years (or more perhaps).
We are both Italians but we live in London for the last 8 years.
We speak really good English as well as Italian.
I am writing because we are looking for a job opportunity in Vietnam and I hope someone will be able to help us .
We would like to live and work in a small but touristic city/village like Hoi An, Da Nang etc...

I work in the Travel industry for more than 8 years. I covered various roles such as Reservation Agent, Destination Expert and I have been working as Sales Executive for more than 2 years. I am looking for a suitable job in Hospitality/Tourism (Hotels, Inbound Tour Operator/Travel Agency etc..)

My husband Matteo is an amazing Sous Chef that has been working in the Food industry for more than 8 years. He cooks Italian/French as well as International food for the Managing Directors of big Corporations based in central London. He is looking for a suitable job as a chef in Hotels/Resorts or restaurants.

We will be leaving London by mid September and we will be able to work immediately if need to.
Alternatively we will travel through South East Asia for few months until a suitable opportunity will became available for us in Vietnam.

I hope to hear from someone soon.
Thank you for now.
Silvia & Matteo

Greetings

There are quite a few expat travel firms that advertise sometimes for expat placements in Vietnam on 'LinkedIn' its free to join (If you are not already on it) make a profile and look in job section and enter country of choice where you would like to work and profession and you will see a list of possible opportunities and the same for your husband, the places you mention especially Da Nang is growing rapidly..also you may discover you could set up something yourself whilst on your travels, there is plenty of opportunity here....

Enjoy your adventure and good luck!

hope you find a job soon

Dear Deepsix,
Thank you for your message.
I will definitely have a look on Linkedin. If you know any travel company or hotel chain that accept expat please feel free to send me a message on my private email (xxx) or feel free to pass our contact.
Thanks a lot.
Silvia

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You should check this recent thread started by another poster in England looking for a chef job in Da Nang.  .  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=573569

It got very little response but you might consider a PM to rodney66 to see if he found anything.  This is purely conjecture on my part but I would think that the only opportunity for either of you would be in the resort hotels, particularly the international ones  like the Hyatt.