Small Scale Shipping

Hey everyone,

I am in need of shipping a small amount of my stuff to Australia.  Nothing like furniture etc, but my sweet elephant collection, sound system, and some clothes.  Maybe 3 or 4 large boxes worth.

Does anyone know a trustworthy, reliable shipper who would deal with that amount of stuff?  Larger shippers don't have an interest, so I figured maybe someone here knew a company I could trust to pack up and send my personal items across the world.

Thanks in advance!

Hi relwell,
Try Filipinas cago, Allieds Pickford or Salhiya cargo who are based in Dubai.
Good luck.

Sunnsand

Any shipping company will do what is called a "groupage" shipment. This is where you share a container with other families. Once the container is full it will be shipped. All items are securly loaded and then a wooden walll built so each cargo is seperated from the rest. It can take weeks to months to get enough to fill a container though but it is a cheap option if you are not in a hurry. Other option is excess baggage if you are planning a trip or courier

Thank you both for your replies!

I would say I am not in a terrible hurry, so the groupage thing may not be such a bad idea.  I will call back some of the places and see if I can get some quotes based on that.

Thanks!

No problem. We did groupage all the time when I worked for Crown but they are very expensive. GAC is a good company. Allied Pickfords is a franchise and the staff not very well trained but ring around and you will get there in the end