SEARCHING FOR WORK WITH A STUDENT VISA

Hi all,
I hope to get many replies to this post. I really need the help. I tried reading through most of the posts on visas and work permit but none has helped.
I am a masters student here in the Philippines but i need to work while studying to help me pay bills and to keep me occupied as my classes are just 2 times a week.
I thought it would be easy with BPO since i am English speaking but none will take me without a work permit. Immigration will not give me a work permit(even if i have the money to apply for it) without a job contract. I'm in a bind here. Does anyone know any small scale bpo that will not require a work permit. My student visa is active for 1 year and i will renew again once it expires. My studies will not affect my work attendance as i have evening classes only. Sitting at home is killing my brain.
HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hi,if ur only target is to work in BPO,its not most likely to happen as most BPO companies here are owned/run  by international companies and if they know ur not a local they will surely ask u for a work permit, just like what u experienced.you can try online tutorial, you can work at ur own space and time.tho im not sure if theyre as strict  as the BPO companies u have applied..Good luck and hope u find a job..God bless!

missakomaye wrote:

Hi all,
I hope to get many replies to this post. I really need the help. I tried reading through most of the posts on visas and work permit but none has helped.
I am a masters student here in the Philippines but i need to work while studying to help me pay bills and to keep me occupied as my classes are just 2 times a week.
I thought it would be easy with BPO since i am English speaking but none will take me without a work permit. Immigration will not give me a work permit(even if i have the money to apply for it) without a job contract. I'm in a bind here. Does anyone know any small scale bpo that will not require a work permit. My student visa is active for 1 year and i will renew again once it expires. My studies will not affect my work attendance as i have evening classes only. Sitting at home is killing my brain.
HELP PLEASE!!!!

Finding a job as a foreigner in the Philippines is just as crying over split milk (impossible). Though it can still be achieved.

However, if  you are looking for work on a student visa, then you are in a wrong country. The Philippines unlike other Europe countries do not allow students to work while studying. Aside that it is one HELL!! of a journey you did embark on to try and find a company welling to employ you and work on your working visa (some companies don't even know the procedure to help you). If English is the only language you speak too makes it even more difficult cause in the law a company can not employ you a foreigner if there are nationals who can do the same job. Best chance in the BPO is getting hired as a trainer or Bilingual customer service Representative.

Unemployment rate is high in the Philippines so even though you will not mind getting the same salary the locals are paid, the law makes it just impossible to obtain a work permit so us to keep the jobs for the locals.  The least you can do is work online or apply for English teaching in the Korean schools.

I personally loved the Philippines and would always love to be there, but getting a job there is just out of the box.

Oh you can say that again. I was speaking to the wrong person when i decided to come to Philippines. I was wrongly informed. However the school was cheaper than the one in Australia which was my first choice. Anyway, I will keep faith and keep searching. I do speak some french. I wasn't just confident enough to use it in a call center but i guess i will have to brush up that french and seek for a bilingual position.

Please I plan to study in Philippines.

You mean that you can't work while studying?

Even cleaning self is it possible?

You might be able to work remotely for a US company while there, it is possible, however due to the time difference it may interfere with your schooling, im not 100% sure you can do remote work for us companies over there but it might be worth a try, also look at hospitality service, customer service dont give, i]up so easily, too, i am looking and applying to jobs there as i have someone there. we want to live together but it may be better for me to move there on a retirement visa, or he will move here and get his green card, but it isn't easy to get a sponsor, they need to prove that no one there can perform the job function and that only a foreigner can do it.

good luck over there, k was there last November and i miss it already, but i will be going back soon.