What is the most suitable job for people on Sprachkurs Visa?

Hello,

I've been here for a year. I find that there is too much restriction on this type of visa. I've applying for part-time jobs and all turned down just because of the limitation and I can't take freelance job as well.

Whats your experience living in Berlin as an expat? How long have you been here? And what do you do?

Welcome to the forum!
What kind of restrictions are you facing?
(And what kind of job are you looking for?)

Thanks for the reply.

I am allowed to work only when its school/ public holiday, 120 days/ year. Also, I'm not allowed to work as a freelance.

I have people interested to hire me to do freelance photoshooting for their company, nor can I do putzen job (most of them treat their employee as freelance).
I've been to many interviews, and all just stop after they see my visa.. this is getting more and more frustrating :)

Well, the rules are very clear then (and presumably known to you before you got the visa):
While on a student visa, you are only allowed limited employment related to your studies (like internship, trainee) and should otherwise concentrate on your studies. It is not allowed or possible to earn your living while on a student visa.
Sorry if this is not the answer you were hoping for.
What are you studying? Does photoshooting or housecleaning possibly help with your studies?

Like Beppi mentioned there are rules for every type of visa. One cannot expect to come on a student visa and be able to work unrestricted! At least in Germany, one is allowed to work as a student within limitations. Plenty of countries diasallow any form of employment as a foreign student.

Jgan - you know that "Sprachkurs Visa" translates into "Language Course Visa" ?

So the intention is that you spend most of the time studying German. If you would be spending less than 75% studying & practicsing the language you are also hurting your long term options in Germany & internationally - because basic fluency is extremely important to break-out of the informal hourly compensation sector. This particular aspect in Germany can be extremely harsh.

A "real" job will just distract you (and your precious youthful energy) from concentrating on studying. First things first. If you struggle with a fraction of money from your parents - get a loan - they have very lenient conditions for students. You'll thank us one day for this advice.

How did you get Sprachkurs Visa ? i am in india and i am looking for job same as you but so far no success .

preeti15 wrote:

How did you get Sprachkurs Visa ? i am in india and i am looking for job same as you but so far no success .

Are you interested in a job or a student visa? As explained above, they cannot easily be combined.

By Paying for the German course, and booking an airplane ticket with some accomodation, medical insurance, and proving available spending money per month for the duration of the course. That's the way all does it.
Since this was a popular way for people in the '80's to try to get into the country and then dissappear - they've put some check s and balances in place to curb those with secondary motives as can be seen above by the consequences affecting the original poster in this thread.

We met such a person in Bonn in 2002 that were deported after 17 years of studying, when the conditions changed. Expensive mistake. She worked 16 years as housecleaner. Poor woman.

It's much more difficult to dissappear in Germany than in other places - so it only makes sense if you have substantial initial credit - or have extraordinary scholastic performance - far beyond what can be achieved by getting exam papers answers handed through windows on the 11 th floor.

Try it by all means - if you know that you are extraordinarily gifted - and give it a go- else prepare for utter dissapointment and wasted family fortunes.

I am NOT at all looking for a REAL job. I understand what Sprachkurs visa means. Europe is so much fun, I've been traveling and enjoying my time here as a language student, and money not plentiful but extremely sufficient to survive + support my lifestyle.
But its no secret that that one way to immerse in a new country is by working. Be in an environment that force you to speak auf Deutsch will be great! (especially bcos its so easy to find english speaker in Berlin).
I just want to work so I can practise and pickup the language faster, not to abuse my visa by any meaning.

I am not replying on about how getting a visa to here, cos the T&C differs from one country to another.

In that case, instead of looking for that elusive job, you could volunteer your time to a worthy cause. Then you achieve language immersion and have something nice to do!

Without language skills one might be able to get part time work stocking shelves in a super market. This would give you a bit of money but is badly paid, boring and not much chance to meet or talk to people. Otherwise fast-food or similar food service jobs might be possible. Otherwise, one can put up advertisements on pin boards at places like Universities or some super-markets advertising baby sitting or other small jobs if you have any skills to offer. This is the easiest in terms of not needing paper work or official permits.