New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Turkey forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Turkey if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2016 continues below!

Hi,
Infact I am not an expat but a citizen in İzmir. I am working as an real estate broker in ColdwellBanker Trio Office, Alsancak/İzmir. Although I focused on Alsancak and Çeşme district, Due to broad network of the company, I can help the expats for long term stay overall İzmir. I need your advices about how I can be helpfull by using you website
Regards
Özce

Hello Özce and welcome on board Expat.com

I invite you to register your services in the Turkey business directory as any form of publicity is not allowed on the forum.

Members needing help will consult the business directory to find professional assistance.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hi everybody,

I am Yesim Gokalp. I am a chemical engineer.

I used to live in Canada. but now I am living in Izmir /Turkey.

I would like to meet with foreign people who live in Izmir.

Thanks

Hello Everyone,
My Name is TALHA, Libyan Born Pakistani and now i am living in istanbul ASia ( kadikoy ) i am working in a shipping line and i am here to make new Friends as well as to learn turkish. :)
Thankyou
TALHA

Hi,

My name is Jose. I'm working as Electrical Engineer in Konya/Turkey. I'm here to meet people.

Thanks,
Jose

Hello,
My name is Mohamed, currently live in Kuwait and I am planning to relocate to Bursa very soon.
I work as HR professional
I would like to benefit from your experiences.
Thanks

Hi,

My name is Fatih and i am originally from Syria but living to istanbul for 10 years...i work in a multinational company as a manager and would like to spend my weekends with new friends from new cultures by hanging around the istanbul. i can give expats drive if they want to go to somewhere else either. I have been into 14 countries so far.

Looking forward to meeting someone here.

Hi Bastian,

This short article can serve as a good starting point!
https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … -else.html

Good luck
Z

b.traub wrote:

Dear all,

my Name is Bastian, I´m living in Hamburg, Germany. I´m planning to move to Istanbul, since my wife is living there. Hence, I´m starting to look around for a job. I studied international economics and have 8y experience in Fund and Risk Management of Investment companies.

If one of you guys would have a few pointers, I´d be happy to hear them.

Cheers
Bastian

Glad it was helpful

Good luck

b.traub wrote:

yes, saw your article and read it right away. Thank you for providing it, indeed a good starting point.

Thanks!

Hello
I'm a Moroccan citizen living in Morocco.I work as a teacher, french/ English teacher and tutor.I am seeking the opportunity to live  and work in turkey but still not sure how to start.
I know it's not an easy process but I'm willing to give it a try.
What do you advise me?
Thank you in advance.

Hello dear.
How are yoy.  I will like you few suggestions.
1. Are you speaking some Turkish
2. Do you have international teaching certificate. ( like  a TOEFL etc.)
3. If you don't have that certificate sorry but you can not work as a teacher here legally
Do you have more questions Pls don't hesitate to contact me

Hi dear
Thank you for your reply.No I don't have any certificate but I think of getting my tefl from turkey.I wonder if there is any  kind of work  I can do in turkey before starting the tesol as it is difficult to afford accomodation and tuition fees once arrived  in turkey+providing my needs during the  time I ll be seeking teaching position....

hi rayhan welcome to turkey :)

You mean hoş geldiniz  :);)
Teşkkürler

In any of the cases, you would be required to have a work permit in order to work.

The best starting advice would be to find work with a work provided by the employer before coming to Turkey.

The best place to starting searching for a job is online.

Good luck
Z

rayhan777 wrote:

Hello
I'm a Moroccan citizen living in Morocco.I work as a teacher, french/ English teacher and tutor.I am seeking the opportunity to live  and work in turkey but still not sure how to start.
I know it's not an easy process but I'm willing to give it a try.
What do you advise me?
Thank you in advance.

yeah i mean hoş geldin :);)

Yes geldin. Geldiniz is more formal

Many thanks dear Xeeschan. I really appreciate your help.

im so sad now because we lose Turkey - 0 Croatia - 1 :(

No problem
Good luck

rayhan777 wrote:

Many thanks dear Xeeschan. I really appreciate your help.

Hi,
I am Bhim Bista, citizen of Nepal and am a self employed person having small business here in Nepal. I am planing to visit Turkey, Istanbul for short period of time. Thus, I would like to meet some Nepalese people who are living there. Please contact me as soon as possible so that we have chat before I move from here.

Hi,

I am Naila and have recently relocated to Istanbul from Pakistan. I am still trying to get the hang of how things work here. language is quite a challenge as people hardly understand basic English here.  Which to me came as quite a surprise considering the number of tourists visiting this city. Anyway, would love to get to know some like minded individuals. Most of of would love to get some advice on how to learn  Turkish language as that is #1 on my priority list at the moment.

Regards,

Naila

Hi Naila,

Considering the language structure of Turkish is remarkably different from both Urdu and English, it would be best to learn it from an institute or a private teacher. There are multiple schools such as Dilmer, Tomer, EFINST, Royal and Kedicat.
Multiple universities also offer Turkish language courses. 

However the most efficient way would be finding an institute in your area considering the size of Istanbul.

Hope the list is helpful.
Good luck
Z

Nailash wrote:

Hi,

I am Naila and have recently relocated to Istanbul from Pakistan. I am still trying to get the hang of how things work here. language is quite a challenge as people hardly understand basic English here.  Which to me came as quite a surprise considering the number of tourists visiting this city. Anyway, would love to get to know some like minded individuals. Most of of would love to get some advice on how to learn  Turkish language as that is #1 on my priority list at the moment.

Regards,

Naila

hi sair here pakistani national recently moved to.istanbul frm england ..

I am a proactive person,seeking new knowledge,experience ,and realities.l believe we should push for change and not otherwise.
Having this vision as thecbasis of my life and  holding master's degree in English and the experience of 10 years in teaching give me a know-how in my career.

Hello everybody , I am khaoula and I'm from Tunisia .i live  in Ankara and I'm looking for a job, I sent my job applications to several companies but all of them asks about Turkish nationality that I don't have it yet . I speak Arabic , French , English and Turkish and I'm happy to join you, so nice to meet all of you and have a nice Sunday :)))

Hi all
I am a master degree student  living in Izmir for 2 years. Izmir is a nice city, although my experience here was not pleasant all the time I still can say it is good  and I am happy here most of the times. Looking forward to meet other expats here.
Nice to meet you all :)

Hi, I am also a new member. I work in finance sector in Istanbul and would like to meet new collegues from abroad. Nice to meet you!

Hello everybody,
Iam almas from pakistan
Im new in Ankara
Looking for some people to whom I can talk in english because I dont understand turkish

Hi friends I am Farid from Afghanistan, I have done my bba from India on June 2016, really I like to do job in turkey, my native language is Ozbek, I know English,Persian, Turkish, Hindi.just I want from you to help me to find suitable job in turkey.

I will be in Istanbul on February 3; 2017.  I am coming from Toronto, Canada to explore Istanbul

Hi. My name is Damaris, a program and projects management expert. What are the requirements one needs to have to secure a program management job in Turkey?

Regards.

Damaris

Hello everyone and welcome on board  :)

@ Damaris, i suggest you drop an advert in the jobs dedicated section of the website : Jobs in Turkey and read the articles under the Work in Turkey section of the Expat Guide, you will get some relevant infos.

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you

I'm Hamada I'm Moroccan I'm working as arabic-French translator in U.N. (United nations) I'm living in Ankara I'm social person I studied body language
   I can speak Arabic French English and little Turkish

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=601639

Thanks!

Closed