Must Read Those Who Waiting for GCS Stamping

Dear members,

I finally landed at CPH on 20th of March. I would like to share my experience with you for your better understanding about landing formalities.

Landing formalities:

you just need to hand on your passport to immigration guy at airport, in 30 secs he will get ur arrival stamp on ur passport. No other docs or formalities required at airport. I have been lucky enough to geta good friend from this Expat group itself, who made all arrangement for me. So my advice you, to go through some of old posts like of 2014 or 15 to find out who got visa and who has already landed here one or two years back. If you lucky enough someone will help you in terms of come to receive you from airport (I know it's not that easy and not many can do if for u, that's why I said if you lucky enough). However, it's worth trying and in that way you also can create your own network from ur home country while waiting for visa. As for everything in your initial period, you need network to help you in anything, as money would not solve all your problems in first few months. I have listed out some tips which may be helpful for u when u land.
1.    PLEASE LEAVE ALL IMPRESSION/LUXURY/COMFORT/ROUTINE ABT YOUR HOME COUNTRY BEFORE YOU LAND HERE. HERE NO ONE IS TO WELCOME YOU OR NO ONE IS WAITING FOR U FOR ANYTHING. YOU HAVE TO START FROM THE SCRATCH SO IN CASE YOU NEVER GONE ABROAD KINDLY DONT BLAME DK FOR ANY BAD THINGS HAPPEN WITH YOU.
2.    NEVER LAND TO CPH WITHOUT ANY BACKGROUND RESEARCH ABT: COUNTRY, ITS GEOMETRY, CULTURE, LANGUAGE, JOB MARKET ARE A FEW OF THEM.
3.    NEVER TRY TO JUDGE THIS COUNTRY FROM OTHERS EXPERIENCES. LISTEN TO EVERYONE BUT DO WHATS BEST FOR YOU.
4.    INITIAL TIME PERIOD TO ADJUST WITH ANY COUNTRY REMAINS SAME IN ANY COUNTRY AROUND THE WORLD, SO DONT BE SO FAST TO JUDGE THIS COUNTRY AS HOPELESS OR ANY OTHER NEGATIVE APPROACH TOWARDS. GIVE A CHANGE TO THE COUNTRY TO OFFER YOU SOMETHING GOOD.
5.    PREPARE FOR THE WORSE TO HAPPEN HERE SO YOU WILL NOT SURPRISE IF U GET SOMETHING GOOD AT THE BEGINNING.
6.    COME WITH NEARLY 4 MONTHS SURVIVAL MONEY ON HAND. YOU ARE LIKELY TO WAIT TILL THAT TIME BEFORE U CAN GET SUCCEED TO GET A JOB ON HAND
7.    MAKE PLAN A - B- C- D- E,, BEFORE U LAND TO DK, AS ITS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE THAT YOUR PLAN A WILL WORK.
8.    TO GET GREEN CARD VISA APPROVAL IS NOT EVERYTHING. IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING AND YOU HAVE LONG LIST OF FORMALITIES TO BE MADE ATER LANDING HERE.
9.    TO BE POSITIVE IS ALL YOU NEED TO SURVIVE HERE FOR INITIAL TIME. AS WELL TAKE EVERYTHING POSITIVELY WHAT EVER YOU GET HERE WHEN YOU LAND WILL BE THE KEY OF YOUR SUCCESS.
10.    IF YOU ARE VISUALIZING THAT YOU INTEND TO GRAB A DECENT JOB WITHOUT DANISH LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE YOU ARE PURELY IN DELUSION. IT'S ENTIRELY UPTO YOU TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE, BEFORE OR AFTER LANDING. WITHOUT DANISH LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE YOU ARE ZERO IN THIS COUNTRY WITH RESPECT TO JOB.
11.    WHAT I UNDERSTOOD ABOUT RENTAL AGREEMENT IS, YOUR LANDLORD WRITE IN A PIECE OF PAPER ABT THE NORMAL AGREEMENT INBETWEEN YOU AND HIM AND YOU BOTH SIGN,NO NOTARIZED/AUTHORIZED COPY REQUIRED

Accommodation:
I have recently posted a topic on accommodation relevant to the scam mails we usually get from anyone when you post on fb group that you looking for accommodation, so first thing is to beware of scammers.
Secondly, I believe, there are plenty of group in FB where you don't necessarily need to be physically present at DK to join those groups. Search on fb for cph accommodation and you will end up with a dozen of groups active for cph accommodation. This would be one of the good way to book accommodation before you land. another way is to register with some paid room hunting sites like www.boligportal.dk is one of the most reliable one and on a précised note I got my accommodation done with this site, where they charge like 29 DKK for 4 days usage, by which you have maximum changes to get a place.

Also its very important that you don't show your need for room and pay any money they ask. sometimes if you look for more options you would get good deal, that also include that some of the land lords dont ask for deposits, however, normally they ask for 2 to 3 months deposits which is the standard norms here.

CPR:

Another headache for landing ones is CPR. However, let's take it lightly if you on right way, this won't be a pain in a bum situation. It only can be a problem if you get accommodation without CPR registration. What I understood is that depends on room and house size, gov permits number of CPRs, like small room gets one CPR while big rooms can have two CPR registrations possible.

About getting CPR registration, once you get a rental agreement, you can directly take that agreement to your area kommune where they give u CPR number in a piece of paper which followed by post your residence card. Remember one thing, when you get passport back with visa stamping, you also will receive a document which is like printed version, there is no original signature either. That document you need to carry to Kommune to get your CPR. Also on your passport visa stamping you will not get your expire date of visa. It only has the date of visa stamp and six months duration in which you must need to enter to DK. You will get your visa expire date on your residence card.
I hope about information would be helpful to you for your landing preparation.

Hi Nisha ,
Thats great to read you experience thats really helpful .I appreciate you strenght n courageous post

I wish you success for days ahead .
Inshallah soon will be out of all these hurdlys its just a timely test by lord so have faith and do the best ..

Take very good care of urs

Regrds
Zee

Here are some more Ideas and ways to find a place to live
Search the Internet
Read ads in the daily newspapers, local papers or special housing newspapers
Place an ad stating that you are looking for accommodation
Place a notice in a supermarket (most of them have a board for ads)
Ask family, friends and acquaintances.

Some of the housing associations are:
Boligforening 3B www.3b.dk
Boligkontoret Danmark www.boligkontoret.dk
FSB www.fsb.dk
KAB www.kab-bolig.dk
AAB www.aab.dk
Domea www.domea.dk
Lejerbo www.lejerbo.dk
Danmark Bolig www.danmarkbolig.dk Portal with all rentals from the housing associations (only in Danish) Furnished apartments
Copenhagen business apartments www.cbsflat.dk
Copenhagen flats www.copenhagenflats.dk Luxury apartments
HousingDenmark www.housingdenmark.com Luxury rental
Copenhagen Homes www.copenhagen-homes.dk
Homes and Housing www.homesandhousing.dk
Apartment in Copenhagen www.apartmentincopenhagen.com

Housing portals – rooms and apartments for rent
Some of the following websites are only in Danish but may still be helpful. Please note that there is no guarantee that you get anything for the registration fee for which reason you should always be critical and alert.
www.boliger.dk/enwww.lejebolig.com
www.boligportal.dk
www.boligfinder.dkhttp://boligbasen.dk/english/www.bolighit.dkwww.boligmangel.dkhttp://venteliste.findbolig.nuwww.jeudan.dk Luxury rental
www.dba.dkwww.housinganywhere.com

Thanks indeed dear.

Hello,
Thanks for sharing a comprehensive list of various websites to help find an accomodation in Denmark.

It will be nice if you can post the same on "Housing" section of the blog - The subject line is more apt for green card holders or would be green card holders. Housing is a more common need and others may miss this information.

Regards,
Jay

very informative!

Hay friends who ever is asking for housing in details

apart from above some links ... one more thing I would suggest is that. try to add urself in more then a dozen of fb groups where they regularly post abt room to rent.. and all..

also note that dont try to think that the first accommodation u moving from India is full and final. you may end up moving ones or twice more to get properly settled. so even some times in FB group they post like without CPR, u can grab it to just land here and then in a month time while being here u can search for alternatives and work accordingly. atleast its not as bad option as to land at hostels.. thats one of the rubbish stuff to do.. fb groups like here
Job/buy/sell/ accommodation at CPH
Copenhagen/København- Flat/room to rent
Sell, Buy, Swap- easy and smart /Copenhagen
Indians In Denmark
Rooms / Housing / Værelser / Boliger Copenhagen

and many more.. I am not members of all group now.. so dont have more.. but try doing search in groups at fb and they will add u in group even if u not at DK

Hello Nisha,

First It's very kind of you to share your experience with, I hope you goodluck in everything :)

Second I want to know when did you apply for the visa ?

thanks dear :)