Polski Trambesh, Paying Taxes Etc...

Hello all!

Got a couple of quick questions:

Firstly, we own a property near Polski Trambesh (Strahilovo), and will be out there very shortly. We're told that there are a few expats in Strahilovo, (haven't located a single one as yet), but that there are many in general around the Polski area? Am I right in thinking that the best place/time to come into contact with local expats is at the market in Polski on a Wednesday?

Secondly, this will be the first time we'll have paid taxes - how do we do it? Do we turn up at the municipal building in Polski and just present our property deed? We have no idea?!

Just in addition - is it very easy to get public transport from VT to Polski?

Thanks in advance!

Hi sorry I can't help but I'll be following the thread with interest.  Try posting on the Facebook page The Pavlikeni Post.  It is an actual godsend for networking in the nearby areas and so much useful information.  They also keep files in the More... section of the site. 

We'll be in Gradishte soonish and that's not too far away

Hello.

I'm not sure exactly where that is, but it's nice to know there are others in the general vicinity!
The Facebook page does sound very useful - perhaps if you find anything pertinent there you could let me know? (I don't have a Facebook account).

Well, I'm hoping that people will jump in here and offer so much information that it'll be useful for the both of us!

My first trip out, last July, was not without it's difficulties (I was almost arrested within 15 minutes of my plane landing, amongst other things), and so I'm hoping to do a bit better this time around!

Thanks again! :)

Hi,,,i use to live near Polski Trambesh,,,yes,,you will meet expats in market cafe,as you enter,,,,Take a translator with you to Municipalality to pay tax & deeds & passport,,,,yes there is regular transport from Polski to VT ie train or bus,,,good luck with move,,,eddie

Hi Eddie - thanks for that.

What made you leave the area, may I ask?

Hi,,,i was living in Vinograd,,renovating a lovely house,,some lovely people & kids there,,,,but found that many trips to VT to get stuff & things done,was to much in distance for me,plus my daughter is moving to VT area hopefully this year,,so decided to buy a house near VT last October,,,many expats live around Polski Trambesh & love it,,,,,,,eddie

Sarov,,,,Polski Trambesh has mini markets,,hardware shops,,builders yards,,restaurants,,cafe,s,,big open air market,,,so it will cater for all your needs

Thanks everso much for that, Eddie that is all very encouraging!

It's lovely to hear that your daughter is going to be joining you - did visiting and seeing how good life is there persuade her?

It must be great being near Veliko. The thing that caused me all the troubles I had when I was out there in July was the travelling between Sofia and Veliko and trying to get around the region beyond the city.

I found the people in Sofia to be very hostile in general on the way out to Veliko, and I encountered the same from the people on their way to Sofia from Veliko on the way back. I must admit, I am dreading the bus travel once we arrive there!