Any body been given a woman? I have one now! Would welcome thoughts

Could you marry  Chroeb in Vietnam or Thailand? Both would be legal in the US.

Cant you marry her in your embassy and not legalize it for cambodia?just for the us.europeans do tend to marry in theit embassy as it takes te place of your  city hall.

Yes, I guess I could marry her at the embassy, also in Thailand. The problem is that we would have to be maried for 2 years before I could bring her to the USA for a visit. Only useful in Cambodia if there is a divorce, or children. It''s still not recognized in Cambodia.

Doesnt really have to be recognized in cambodia.its only to be up to date in the old country like when you pass away she would get your pension if you want that,and if you marry and  have a two way ticket for the both of you maybe you can give it a twist that you want to,properly introduse her to your family and then go back to cambodia.just a tought.in belgium it is like that,only if you want to bring your spouse to live in belgium they. Set  the rules.

i'd love to have a cambodian wife.

If you are under 50 yrs old, and have an income over $2500 per month, you can marry a Kher woman with no problem. Over 50? Forget it in Cambodia. I plan on getting married in Thailand next February! After that, if we wait 2 years, she can come with me to the US for a visit.

I did some more research on the net, and it looks good for Chroeb and I to get married first week of February, 2013. It seems to be a simple matter of getting the proper forms from our respective consulates, getting them translated, and applying for a marriage certificate that has to be registered in Thailand. After that, we plan on heading down to Pattaya, and having a simple ceremony at a local wat - maybe the one on top of the mountain?
You are all invited! Come on over and help us party!

congrats madmaxx888.

it's a nice love story with happy ending. wish both of you have an everlasting love.

Congrats!

2500$?
Thats more expencive then thailand.when you are married you only need 40000bath,when single you need 65000b to stay (if you are over 50)

Max, I'll be in  country then perhaps I can make it!

I must say some parts of cambodia like phnumm penn are more expencive then thailand ,chiang mai.same size of city.i get my numbers from
numbeo.com
I hope siem reap and  snooky are less expencive,can anybody give me a comparisson plz?To stay on topic madmax you are really lucky to be presentee such a lovely wife to be.i am looking for such a gem but in thailand its all about the bath.there are very nice. Ladys there who dont want your income but they have bad familys.Hopefully. Its not like that in cambodia,

creative-xpat wrote:

To Sethrinoza:
Interesting, your comment about Filipino women. I saw 2 Filipino women today, on 63rd street. They had such thick, beautiful, long hair. And I just adore hair like that, I wonder what Filipino women eat that gives them such beautiful hair like that. I had to make a phone call at the Internet cafe, and somehow was too shy to strike up a conversation, and then they were gone. They reminded me of the sweetness of Filipino women--a kind of sweetness of nature that is so rare in the world.

Filipinos are shy in nature and would generally not strike a conversation. But once you get them to talk, you're in for a surprise.

I'd say we're one of the friendliest people in the world, and are amused with the littlest things.

I absolutely have no idea what they eat to get hair results like you described, but I'm pretty sure it's with genes. If you're interested in sampling Filipino food on a sunny Sunday, my family's house is always open for a sampling of Filipino cuisine, some barbeque and a couple of cold ones.

Cheers mate.

when i had found this thread; reading your first post which return back to 2010 and passing by the small ball getting bigger and bigger by time.. i get so excited to know more and more..  I guess you should document your true story in an adventure book, may be it would be turn into a great love story inspirational movie..

For sure you hadn't been planing any of this or thinking about how it would goes when you was just talking with the Tuk-Tuk driver. But it all went perfect over 20 months getting a chance to spice up your life.

Although I'm known to be good with wards, & talkative But really i can't describe any of my feelings towards your story..

Please do us all a great favor; document your adventure and story in a book..:| and I'm reserving my own copy now.. who else ready to get his copy:cool:

Miro's post reminds us of the philosophical premise some would hold, that with all our planning, it still winds up appearing that we do not live our own lives, that our lives are being lived thru us by something greater.

The big question here is should I do as Miro the Artist says, and turn this into a book? Maybe I should turn it into a blog. Any thoughts, readers?

Talking on my behalf.. if you are going to turn this into a separate blog i would recommend that you work on it as daily chronicles or diary stating every aspect of your day and to try to show us how Chroeb see / deal with the same object from her eye / culture point of view.. i guess there would many things to be mentioned according to culture between east & west .. you can name it a marriage between east and west ..

The story is full of culture difference and human emotions i would go for a book.

However as blog may end to be a book one day.. so why not to work on both in the same time :D

Be ready later on to give permission to convert this book into a Hollywood movie inspired by true story.

Today, September 12, 2012, I celebrate (?) my 2nd anniversary in Cambodia! It is also 11 years since the 9/11 tragedy.
Many thoughts are going through my mind today, as I relive both my arrival in Cambodia, and the events of 9/11. After much introspection, I have come to the conclusion that I am in a better place now. My life is much less complicated, I am at peace with myself and my surroundings. I have much less material things, and that doesn't bother me a bit. As Buddha writes, the constant feeling of dissatisfaction (craving) is what brings Samsara, the cycle of re-birth and suffering.
I have begun turning this posting into a book. It's going to take some time to complete, but I will let you know when it is finished. I have decided to write the book as a PG-13 version, not including much of my past life, at least for this time.

Good News.. I'm waiting for the book.. congratulation:)

I haven't been on your post in a while, but my friend is married to a woman from thailand. He met her here is U.S.A somehow she was hired as a nanny by a well to do family and was here illegally. He met her while remodeling the home for the family. If you want I could ask how she came to be here for the family. Maybe you could do the same for her then get married in the states, then go back to cambodia.

Thanks for the offer. Chroeb and I will get  married in Thailand in February. This marriage is recognized in the USA, but not in Cambodia. I don't care about that part! After we have  been married for 2 years, I can apply for a K-3 visa for her, and travel to America to visit my family!

Your welcome. I am still planning to go to the Philippines next year but, who knows I may look you up and see if I can meet up with the both of you in Cambodia. I vote yes on turning your blog into a book, it is much easier to become published nowadays with the Internet. I have even thought of writing a tell all book about my profession nursing but, attempt to do it with some grace and humor. Has the Muslim worlds acting out over the amateur film they felt was insulting had any affect on the people of Cambodia?

Writing the book is not at all easy! I have copied about 1 1/2 of the 3 pages to this forum blog. It translated into 24 pages in MS Word so far. I think this first part of it will end up being a 65-75 page outline. THen the real work begins! I will start with a bit about my past, but not too much! I  don't really want to shock too many people.

The uproar in the middle east has no effect here. Although there are several mosques in Bangkok, and many Muslims, there don't seem to be very many in Cambodia. Life goes on as usual here. I  guess the muslims don't recognize the concept of "Fre Speach" in their world. Too bad! they need to get over it. In the US, and in many other parts of the world, we can say and write, and create films as we chose, and the worst that would happen is a "X" rating!

I'm happy that you start working on the book, sure it is not an easy task at all :| However when you finish the text & prof reading part you can send it to me for the editing and creating the real book layout, adding related illustrations, editing your original images to look in the best condition and finally designing the cover..lol:D

Thanks for the offer! My sister has suggested that I use Lulu to self-publish, and Page Plus to layout the book. What do you suggest?

To be Honest from a technical point of view.. Lulu would be a nice start if you not going to look for an agent.. although i believe that the subject of book and the writing technique i hope  you would be following can get you more than just Lulu.. but that all can be handled and decided when you get the rough copy of the book.

Regarding the layout i would recommend Adobe Indesign for sure.. it is the most powerful and professional book layout application & Desktop publishing software it would help either you would be using Lulu or an agent.. as you would get a ready for print version, interactive version beside PDF version..

If you need any help just let me know.. I'm ready :D

I just finished putting the 2nd page of postings into MS Word. Onpy one more page of postings to go. The the hard work starts! So far, my outline is 42 pages, over 9600 words...

you know that Every Journey Starts With One Single Step i bet that the book would reach 100 pages very soon .. as after you finish collecting the postings you would find that there are points you would like to modify or talk more about it and so on..:D plus the story is more than just small pocket book..:)

Yes, I do feel that I have opened Pandora's box... With the outline at 65-75 pages, each page may streach out to 3 or 4... And I still need to add much background. It's going to be a challange for sure. Though once I get past the cut and paste stage, it will all be in one place, and my imagination and memory will take over then. That's the creative part!

Don't forget to get as much useful images & photographs that is related to what you are telling.. think of this as illustrative aspect side of your story.. from my point of view this would give more taste to the creative and life experience and would fire-up the readers imagination..:D

monkeystrong wrote:

I find this thread interesting, Can you expand on it a little? Is this common their? Also can I ask if their is a big age difference between you too? Does her parents consider you married now? thanks MB

It was an introduction. If not normal, then its a proven method.

It works as a start. Then you have to keep on the hard work, to create a relationship and love.

My current girlfriend, mother to two small children, i met trough an introduction.

Same with my first Khmer girlfriend, it lasted 18 months. This started 8 months a go. And its fine. Just good.

It was an introduction, as my tuk-tuk guy knew her sister. Her mother died a few years back. Maybe you should read through some of the early postings and refresh your memory! Just kidding. Her dad does approve,and has stayed here several nights. He doesn't speak a word of english, but sure does like my icecream! I understand that mama's ghost approves of me as well. We may get a monk to do a ceremony here in the next few weeks.
There is a gap of 34 years!

madmax888 wrote:

It was an introduction, as my tuk-tuk guy knew her sister. Her mother died a few years back. Maybe you should read through some of the early postings and refresh your memory! Just kidding. Her dad does approve,and has stayed here several nights. He doesn't speak a word of english, but sure does like my icecream! I understand that mama's ghost approves of me as well. We may get a monk to do a ceremony here in the next few weeks.
There is a gap of 34 years!

Why are you in a hurry to get a monk involved?

Take it easy.

Wait and see whats coming up. Some debt maybe. Some problems will appear for sure. You are coping with very poor people.

The use of the words sister and brother: Every body has 50 sisters and brothers i Cambodia. Just because she is called her sister, she dosnt need to be her sister.

Hey!! Madmax. Give her time! when she get to know you well.you will know. remember most of women are working us men like that and no matter where they are from. Most of women are similar. I met most of women from different race, color,and faith. believe me most of them are the same.I don't hate women I believe women see different pictures or color comparing to men.We "men" see the number is "1" in women mind is not "1" at all. Madmax!!In a few years when she think or believe you care for her so much that when she making you feel like hell.It just my opinion.She feel missing you when you gone but when you come back she gave you hell.

suthara2011 wrote:

Hey!! Madmax. Give her time! when she get to know you well.you will know. remember most of women are working us men like that and no matter where they are from. Most of women are similar. I met most of women from different race, color,and faith. believe me most of them are the same.I don't hate women I believe women see different pictures or color comparing to men.We "men" see the number is "1" in women mind is not "1" at all. Madmax!!In a few years when she think or believe you care for her so much that when she making you feel like hell.It just my opinion.She feel missing you when you gone but when you come back she gave you hell.

Interesting! All woman the same, similar! Waugh. So why bother chasing the hope or the dream. Just take the first one in front of you.:(

First, after two years, we feel that we know each other well enough to make this union official. The monks will perform a "pre-engagement" ceremony - this I do for her and her family. Neither of her sisters have been married to their children's fathers. This is just a prelude to our marriage in Bangkok! Many times over the last 40 years, I have wished to be back in S. E. Asia! This place, unlikely as it may be, has made me happier than most of the places I have lived around this world. Chroeb is everything I could have asked for! She is not like women in the US, obsessed with appearance, and the trappings of riches and luxury. She is happy with the simplest things - a full belly and a man who cares for her, and someone who she can take care of as well.

I just finished reading the thread from the beginning and it's quite a story. I'm really happy for the both of you and hope the both of you have a long and happy future.

Thanks! I'm busy working on making this into a book. I copied all of this thread into MS word, and began adding content. I'm at about 65 pages, over 13,000 words, and no where near done...

madmax888 wrote:

First, after two years, we feel that we know each other well enough to make this union official. The monks will perform a "pre-engagement" ceremony - this I do for her and her family. Neither of her sisters have been married to their children's fathers. This is just a prelude to our marriage in Bangkok! Many times over the last 40 years, I have wished to be back in S. E. Asia! This place, unlikely as it may be, has made me happier than most of the places I have lived around this world. Chroeb is everything I could have asked for! She is not like women in the US, obsessed with appearance, and the trappings of riches and luxury. She is happy with the simplest things - a full belly and a man who cares for her, and someone who she can take care of as well.

Getting married in Bangkok, is surely not your girlfriends choise. That must be very strange for her, not to marry in her own village, surrounded by her own family.

Hello MadMax888, please let us know when the book is ready.
In the meanwhile enjoy Sihanoukville, perhaps I can look U up when I will be there again, this November.
cheers
Gabor

Closed