Artistic activities in Lagos

Hello,

I am new to Lagos, recently shifted my base here. I am from Delhi, India and working as an expat here.

I am interested in exploring if any online Lagos city guide is available which gives a detail about everyday events happening in and around Lagos in r/o arts/theatre/exhibition/parties/sports/movies etc.

Even in the newspaper, I couldn't find much. Looking for some information about the happening places even.

Please do share the required information.

Thanks a ton.

Best regards,
NKA

Hi NKA, welcome on Expat-blog! :) I hope you get replies soon.

Good luck :)

Thanks so much, Christine.

Yes, my eyes will be here now.

I am new here in this city and wish to explore the city, people, places and culture here to get connected with.

Thanks once again.
Best regards,
NKA

Hi NKA/ Christin
I too have recently shifted to Lagos. Love theatre, art and culture and would love to explore the local art and theatre activities. Let me know where to look for.

There are some free publications that you can get around supermarkets or the theatres about events happening in Lagos. The only problem is, they are not consistent, the last time I saw one was in August.

So I am going to give you a list of places I have been to and find enjoyable. Let's break Lagos into: Mainland and Island Axis.
I'll focus on the mainland because it is largely ignored and most people troop to the Island for fun (which is pretty easy to explore)

On the Mainland (crossing the Third mainland bridge or the Eko bridge away from the beach), you'll find:
- Ozone cinemas in Yaba (ozonecinemas.com/) where you can watch a movie or so.
- Very good places to eat, I recommend Orchird's Bistro (at Green village on Isaac John along Sheraton hotel axis), Brown's Cafe (at GRA, Ikeja. Just before Oduduwa crescent), Savoy Suites (which is opposite the green village and right next to an eatery called 'The Place' also on Isaac John)

- Places to dance/club. There's La Cachette, Crescendo, sheraton hotel club

- for some artistic ventures, you can visit the Africa shrine (Femi Kuti), Motherlan at Ikeja, Niteshift coliseum (niteshiftcoliseumlagos.com)

Elsewhere, check out:
- gokarting at the GET arena, Lekki
- La campagne tropicana, Lekki; whispering palms, Badagry
- National museum, Onikan
- The polo club, golf club
- Lekki conservation area

You can Google all the names above for addresses & feel free to write.
Also, see: goodlife.com.ng/events.php

.expatsinthecity.org and lostinlagos.com  - everything you need.

Did u find any of the tips useful? Try terraculture in VI for theater. I heard Fela on broadway is coming to Nigeria this year. It would really be awesome to be able to watch broadway shows in Nigeria, hopefully the experience is still the same or better.

@NKA There's not much artistic activities in Lagos as such....As i see that you like Photography... Try to explore some new places and start takin some pictures...Thats what i have been doing for years... Ping me if you want more details on routes,places to visit in Lagos and near by towns. :)