Diabetic

Can you buy diabetic medication from pharmacy and other prescriptions and what price are they

Hi Spanishannie,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Maybe you can give more details about your search and introduce yourself.

Do you wish to buy medication abroad? What diabetic medication are you referring to exactly? Will you relocate to Malaysia soon?

Thanks,

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla
Thank you for you prompt reply we are hoping to live here with our son and his girlfriend maybe by the end of the year and i take  a few Medicines, metformon for my diabetes and I also use a pain relief patch once a week both my husband and I take blood pressure tablets just wondering how easy they are to get on prescription issued by doctor

Many thanks
Spainishannie

Hi Spanishannie,

There are quite a number of pharmacies in Kuala Lumpur area that dispense medication for diabetic patients. You need to bring a Doctor's prescription for your medications. Chain of pharmacies which are friendly are Apex Pharmacy, BIG Pharmacy and there are lots of other independent pharmacies around town.

Thank you for all that information it is good to know it won't be too difficult
To get my medication

Also note that some chain Pharmacies are located at shopping malls and etc. They may only cater to general meds. Specially prescribed meds can be bought at the counter of private hospitals/ clinics dispensaries. As for chain pharmacies you can easily find them at residential areas townhouses/ shops. All the best!!

Thank you for all your help

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Advertising your products on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Chonglizliz

Fore security reasons please do not post any contact details on the open forum. Use the pm system for this.
You can also place a free advert in the classified section located under 'handy tools' at the top of this page.

Insulin doesn't require a prescription to be sold in Malaysia.

I can't advise on metmorfmin as I'm a T1 but don't imagine it to be any different.