Moving to Honduras with your family

Hello everybody,

When settling abroad with your spouse and children, the expatriation process requires an extensive preparation.

What are the considerations to take into account when moving to Honduras with your family? What challenges have you faced? How did your children adapt to their new environment?

What is your recipe for a successful family expatriation in Honduras?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

Security!!Move to a safe subdivision! There are good schools! Remember that Hondurans are idiots on the highway, so have a safe vehicle and remember everyone drives aggressively. Take care of your stomachs and take anti-amoeba and anti-parasitic medicine once every six months. Honduran dentists and doctors are excellent and you can buy practically all medicines over the counter. Medical and dental expenses are much less expensive. What does your employment involve. It should not involve handling large sums of money. Take care of your skin, especially young children as the sun  is extremely strong. Good dermatologists are available. Eat lots of beans! Good protein!! Try to avoid a lot of American products unless you do not mind spending more! Most food items and practically all items are available. American styled restaurants are everywhere. Think of Safety!!!

I am American and my husband is Honduran, We have 2 young daughters. Due to a bad lawyer and immigration changes here my husband will be deported it is just a matter of when. I am nervous to say the least. I think it will be an adventure. But neither of us really know what to expect. My husband has been here for 18 years. I am worried about schools, and Dr's. And if I will be allowed to work, my husband is disabled due to a back injury. We do own a house and land in Saba, Colon close to my in-laws. But still this is a big change, any insight would be great