Moving to China with your family

Hello everybody,

When settling abroad with your spouse and children, the expatriation process requires an extensive preparation.

What are the considerations to take into account when moving to China with your family? What challenges have you faced? How did your children adapt to their new environment?

What is your recipe for a successful family expatriation in China?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

Well.. Living in China is nice... off course the best is that you can speak some simple sentences when arriving

I am there, in Beijing, since more than 15 years...
My wife is chinese...

I agree to help you if you need...!

Hi Bhavna,

I had stayed in Foshan , near Guangzhou for one year with family .

1)food is major issue for Vegetarian, If can cook we can get everything there.

2)schools for Kids are very costly. Quality ???

3)Moving around is easy.

4)People are friendly.

5)Check out nearest Indian Restaurant s.

6)Grocery Suppliers near by with Door Delivery.

Getting familiar witg city as early as possible. Befriend with locals can be of great help.

Deepak Poche.

Hi Foertai and Deepak Poche,

Thank you for your feedbacks on the the topic. Actually, this topic has been launched on all forums so as to gather a maximum infos for those who will be making the move.

If you have any further advice, do not hesitate.

All the best,
Bhavna

China is very place. It has very less crime rate. even at 12am on road nobody will harm you. As far as tourism concern I will receomand you even with your children you can enjoy. International school are exepensive almost 8K-10K rmb per child per month. if your company bear schooling expenses then it will be good. as far as food concern, you will not face any problem There are vegetable markets everywhere and  you will get rice, if want order indian food there lot of shops through with you can order online. try to learn wechat pay and alipay. almost all shop accept wechat pay and alipay. so you do not need to carry money.
also as far public transport is good. it has metros, buses, taxi and other way of transport.