Moving to Argentina with your family

Hello everybody,

When settling abroad with your spouse and children, the expatriation process requires an extensive preparation.

What are the considerations to take into account when moving to Argentina with your family? What challenges have you faced? How did your children adapt to their new environment?

What is your recipe for a successful family expatriation in Argentina?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

Hi, I was looking to share an experience but only can find the option to reply. But this is not a reply to Bhavna.

As a widow, I came to Argentina at the urging of my son. It took him eight years to talk me into it. Buenos Aires, for me, is a class act. It doesn't match the stereotype I had of South America. Neither my son nor I had a problem adjusting but he had worked with Latin Americans for several years. I had not. There are many Argentines who speak English and like to practice on you so don't be afraid of the language. And . . . in time you will learn Spanish with a little effort. It makes it easier to get what you need but is not imperative. The main complaint I have about Argentina is lack of respect for your time.  You will understand what I mean if you do move down and join us.

This is a word to grandparents who might not want to move with your family at an advanced age. There are expats here coming in their 70s and 80s and are happy here. In fact, a little adventure in life keeps us young!  So start packing and . . . we'll see you in Buenos Aires!