Dear English speaking expat-members!

I inform you that I am just trying to apply for a new job and I do need your kind help to gain it, so:

Please help me gaining my new job by sending me the contact information and web address of 3 free online advertising portals and the e-mail address of 3 smaller travel agencies from English-speaking regions.

Kindest regards: Kata Révész  :thanks:

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

https://www.expat.com/images/logo/header-logo.png

Members are reminded to not post private contact information such as telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc., on our public forums for security reasons.

Also for your own security you should not use your own private e-mail to respond to any such postings. Many individuals can use that to hack your e-mail account and spread spam, viruses and/or perpetrate acts of fraud that get traced back to YOU.

Cheers,
James
https://www.expat.com Experts Team

James wrote:

[img align=c]https://www.expat.com/images/logo/header-logo.png[/url]

[b]Members are reminded to not post private contact information such as telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc., on our public forums for security reasons.

Maybe consider re-introducing an easily accessible and click-able option under each members avatar image in the forum the option for other members to a "send private message" to each person who posts at the forum, including the OP. But also allow each member to disable this option in their personal preferences in case they do not want to receive any private messages.

Good advice, I do a few personal messages on this site but I totally trust the few people I let contact me.
I know some people do try to make personal contact by messaging who do have ,let's say, not your best interests at heart.
I get a bit dazed when I receive a message from a newbie on this site who is not even living in Hungary.
Makes me wonder why they would wish to contact a 61 year old married women? Right, like I am prime to help sponsor or give work advice to anyone from Timbucktu or wherever.
Have to always be careful these days, sadly, too many hackers and scammers out there everywhere.
Never post your personal stuff unless you know for sure you can trust the other party.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

,....I know some people do try to make personal contact by messaging who do have ,let's say, not your best interests at heart.
I get a bit dazed when I receive a message from a newbie on this site who is not even living in Hungary.
Makes me wonder why they would wish to contact a 61 year old married women? Right, like I am prime to help sponsor or give work advice to anyone from Timbucktu or wherever.
Have to always be careful these days, sadly, too many hackers and scammers out there everywhere.
Never post your personal stuff unless you know for sure you can trust the other party.

Facebook is even worse. 

Usually one can tell if they are not real people because they have stock photos, few friends or subscribe to pages which are just advertising. 

Caution is indeed the name of the game.

Yes , one should be careful, I am an open soul but in today's world one must do a double take before jumping in.
My husband is always telling me not to be so open but I say, why be alive if one can't be kind and be themselves.
Silly I know but wouldn't it be nice?
No worries one can usually tell by the content if someone is off or not.

Thank you for your advise....
But for someone who look for job like me
To post the email address is important.
Do you think so???  :/
Please give me suggestion

Thank you

No, it is not.
A PM will do the trick.

You have no idea how many sex pests and scammers use forums to get contact details in order to do one nasty thing or another, so the site doesn't allow any contact details in public.
You name it, we've banned it, including at least one man who was pretending to be a women in order to get sex, either in the hope of a woman saying "yes" or not caring if she wanted him or not.

Your probably better going to a job agent like Manpower in Budapest to find a job.
Most people on this site already have jobs, are going to school or are retired.
Jobs are sort of hard to come by in Hungary, at least good paying jobs.
If you have needed skills then a job agent should be able to place you.
Good luck with your job search but know if you don't have skills in Hungary then any common sort of job can and should be filled by a HUngarian since the unemployment rate is still rather high.
If you really are desperate for any old job, then going in personally is always a good idea. Walk into different places and ask if they need help, perhaps something will turn up and they need an English speaking person.
You could try looking at money exchange booths, they always need someone who speaks English to help with tourists.
There are allot of weirdo's out there so be careful about letting them have access to your personal mail and phone, such a hassle to have to change all your passwords etc.

Dinny Rachmawati wrote:

Thank you for your advise....
But for someone who look for job like me
To post the email address is important.
Do you think so???  :/
Please give me suggestion

Thank you

To be honest, Hungary is a xenophobic place at the moment.  The government is not friendly to immigration.  Better to look for opportunities elsewhere.  Unless you have special reason to want to come to Hungary like family connections, it would be lower on the list than other places.

Fluffy is right,Hungary has always been a bit xenophobic and I know from my neighbors in Hungary that they were /are none  too pleased with people flooding into Hungary.
Last Sept. most of my neighbors were on edge with the refugees pouring into the train station.
In the old days when an "outsider" was in Hungary to work or go to school the locals knew they would be leaving when they finished up their business in Hungary.
Their numbers were low, not many people that were non HU visiting or living in HU.
No one intermarried much either. A HU women did intermarry a man from Africa back in the early 1970's in the house where my MIL used to live. It was the talk of the town, so rude.

I visited first in 1978, the looks and stares I got were rather offensive, I am only 1/8th native American but seems even that was enough to draw some curious looks from people.
People would actually say to me, "What are you? "I am tough and would say something silly such as "I must be insane" or some other filp answer still  it bugged however.
Darn, most are not even too happy about other Hungarians from Romania coming back and becoming HU citizens, it's weird how they tend to close themselves off from people that don't look like them.
It's a us and them sort of thing.
Most of our old friends from HU that live in the US have married Asian women, most live in Hawaii.
Their wives don't even bother visiting HU when the guys go home to see their family. They visited once or twice but got creeped out.
They go to Asia for holidays and their husband go to HU.
My current DIL is from Japan, I can not really see her enjoying living in Hungary, just too much for her delicate personality. We have told our son not to bring her there except perhaps for a short holiday.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

It's a us and them sort of thing.

I find that describes Hungary far more accurately than simply xenophobia.

I am not discounting xenophobia in Hungary, as there is a lot of that.

But, I more often find people here have so much staked out and invested in their own little personal territories, fiefdoms, and spheres of influence that they see anyone coming in as a threat to their personal power base. Especially someone with new ideas. The locals are not so much afraid of something foreign or strange, as they are of simply loosing their personal power basis if new ideas and people enter the social equation. So it is not necessarily something as simplistic as fear about something strange; it is something often far, far more personal, nefarious and calculated.

And that personal power basis may be as tiny as controlling all the gossip on one floor, in one apartment building. And on up from there.

I know people in my village that ridicule and put down someone who moved here from another village just 4 km away as being "foreign". I also know someone from Budapest who moved to my village 20 years ago who is still considered a "foreigner". I know I am the "real" foreigner here, but seriously... someone from just 4 km away??????

Yes, it really gets that weird here.

You hit the nail on the head exactly, power and control.
Most ex pats have no clue what is really going on since as "foreigners" they are not privy to the local gossip and BS.
When we lived in Erd the stories and back stabbing talk was way to much, got to the point where it was more then ugly. Who slept with who's wife when no one was home, how many times the mailman comes over, gesh wizz, get a life already!
In our house now in Budapest I admit there are a few people who perhaps overdo the drink and have a few silly public displays they will never be able to live it down, people will not even say hello to some of them because they will not forget their past mistakes.
It is silly stuff really.
My husband's old friend from the 5th district, known him for 60 some years now has gone off on a total power trip so big that we don't even bother to stop by his many, many businesses near lake Velence to say hello.
We had to just let him go.
He is so rich that money no longer means a thing to him, he is now on a power trip, controls most of that region, police know him and do his bidding etc.
I am surprised he is not in elected office there yet, who knows he may just put pulling the strings from behind the curtain.
It is really sad to see he sold himself out for money and power.
He once told my husband that he was the only person he never made money on, wowie what a friend indeed!!
My husband used to be really close to him and his twin bro. His bro passed away before his bro got insane with power, hard to say if he would of turned out the same or not.
Sort of doubt it though, good twin and evil twin thing.
I have no idea where this meanness comes from with the mean gossip, small minded and cruel, really have no time for people who are on power trips.
Our next door neighbor seems to control our house, is the assistant for the building manager who lives off site.
They know everything about everyone, we have learned to say no more then hello.
Everytime we leave our flat they ask where we are going, we often tell them nothing about where we are really going, what's up with knowing everyone's business, freaks us out some.
We left on holiday and only told one trusted neighbor where we were going and for how long, only because they are picking up our mail.
We like it if our neighbors can't figure us out and put us in a box.
We even hide some of our trash just so people in the house will not know what we eat or drink, believe me if they can't talk about real dirt on you, they will make something up.