Cambodian banks

I was wondering if anyone here has set up Cambodian bank accounts? I plan to live there and believe I need to show my passport and a copy of my Cambodian lease to acquire a bank account? I would also like a credit card off the bank (possibly ABA) .
Also does anyone know if it is true that the interest rates on money in these banks are good. I am hearing of up to 6 per cent a year term deposits which is twice as much as I can get in an Australian bank.
Hope someone can advise.

I have set up a Cambodian bank account at Canadia Bank in Sihanoukville.
Required were passport with valid (3 months left at least) business visa, plus rental contract (official with signatures and thumb prints).
In 30 minutes time I had my bank book, the bank card took about a week.
ATM transactions at their branches are for free, at ATMs of other banks it's $0.50 per transaction.

Don't know about credit card as I don't want one.

I heard about good rates for deposits, like 5% for a one-year deposit. Don't know the amount though.

Inquire when you're here, consider Canadia Bank too, a good bank (as ABA).

Good luck!

You can get 4%-8% CD/TD depending on the banks.

Thanks guys, Probably the only reason for wanting a credit card there is to buy air tickets on the internet for travelling.

I thought about the interest rates too. It seems to me to good to be true?!
You can get as much as 7.75 % PA on USD  account and withdraw from the interests every three months. It looks to me too good!

5.50% PA for 2 year fixed. Note that like at Canadia Bank you can choose between USD, KHR and THB. The Riel account gives more interest, like 8% on a two year fixed account.

Here an oversight:

https://www.canadiabank.com.kh/en/fixed_deposit_account.aspx

Thanks Joe. My concerns are about can one trusts the Cambodian banks? it can be everything great on paper, but different in reality.
With interests rates so low around the world, those interests in Cambodia banks look fantastic ....

There is no need to not trust Cambo banks. They are highly competitive with international banks and work as smooth as Western banks.

Think of getting a KHR fixed account. First you get more for your USD, namely 4100 KHR (in shopping it is 4000 riel for a dollar). Second as shown you get a higher percentage, like 8% per year.

KHR is fixed to the USD, so no loss in case the dollar changes.

Thanks Joe.
I'll seriously think about that.

You're most welcome.

I have used HKL for many years.  You can get 8% a year with USD.  It was bought a Thai bank recently.

What about ACLEDA bank?