Buying a mobile phone from the UK or Int?

Hi all,

Does anybody know of someone or has anybody themselves bought a mobile phone from outside turkey and had it delivered to a Turkish address?

I'm considering buying a phone from the UK, I'm just not sure if I will receive it if I do. Are there any extra taxes to pay and how long does it wait in the Turkish customs waiting area? Is there a special law against this?

Mobile phones in Turkey are ridiculously over priced which probably means they are heavily taxed which leads me to believe they wont make it easy to buy phones from abroad without them getting a piece of the pie.

The cost of the phone is 240 Pounds or 280 EUR, which is almost half the price as it is in Turkey, which costs 990 TRY

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

I would suggest if one who you know, could bring it with him/herself to you. In this way, s/he must register it for his/her name before leaving the airport.and no tax will be applied for one or two mobile.
For shipping, unfortunately.I dont know the answer of your question actually. But one of my friend get a lap-top shipment from a technical service out of turkey, then he paid tax for it.