Work opportunities while waiting for spousal visa application

Hi to all,

Would there be any complications if I look for job opportunities here in Norway? Or would it be possible for them to approve the visa fast if I manage to get a job offer? I know I'm not allowed to work while it's still in the process.

I am currently waiting for my spousal visa application and I manage to stay here in Norway while waiting as I am also a skilled worker.

I wonder if anyone experience this or if you know something about it.

Tusen takk!

Do you have an approval Skilled worker residence permit?  if you do not have, you cannot work while WAITING for your spousal visa application.  It does not matter if you are skilled in your work or whether you have special skills.

If  you manage to find a job and apply for skilled worker residence permit, yes it (skilled worker residence permit) will usually be approved very fast.  BUT your earlier application for spousal visa will be TERMINATED.  UDI will only work on your latest application.  You will need to RESUBMIT your spousal visa application again but HEY, you get to start work while waiting for it.

Fornight is right. Handing in a second residence permit application voids the first one. I don't personally think it's worth it because of all the application fees you end up paying and if you lose your job, you lose your permit.