Tuk tuk to airport cost from night market aeea

Hi any general price for tuk tuk to airport in the evening ?

I'm thinking about $15 should cover it, mate.

John

I'll bet a taxi wouldn't even cost $10!! Much more comfortable and no pollution.

$12 in an air conditioned cab or $10 in a tuk tuk is the correct price

Airport taxi $12 Tuk tuk $9, so from the center, a taxi (which are often private cars if booked by a hotel) and a tuk tuk should be a little less expensive. Personnally I pay $9 for a taxi from my hotel.

Ok thanks  i can get a hotel much less however it does NOT INCLUDE  tuk  tuk to airport .so it sounds like i am better off at the inclusive hotel and tip tuk tuk at airport ! Thx for info .i pay seven us in PP

The price list at AEON says $6 to the airport. That's a fixed price for their contracted tuk-tuks.
There's also a price list at the Plantation (non-fixed prices), but I can't remember now what number it suggests for the ride.

FROM the airport TO the river side is $9 fixed price for contracted tuk-tuks, so $9 for a ride with a "freelance" tuk-tuk is definitely too much. However, the drivers around night market tend to overcharge, so it might be difficult to find one.

It could help to write down one or two phone numbers of drivers who serve less touristy areas, and then give them a call to pick you up.

The price is 7 Dollar. Good luck

I've always paid $9

the last time I went from the airport to the hotel 5 min. walk from the night market, I took a taxi and it cost $7.50

Walk if you are fit at all. Its a good one hour walk and you'll see a lot of the city, people and sights you'll miss on a tuktuk and never get to see while you are here. Evening/night is especially best as it is cool and pleasant. You can stop along the way at some Cambodian bistro or bar/restaurant for refreshment. If you tire you can always get a tuktuk from wherever you are way less than $10...If you are too tired to walk, have a lot of baggage or its too hot... pay the Tuktuk the going rate.

Gosh I would dY one way easy 5$ from night market to airport , maybe 6$ but nor even 10-12$ , around 6 you will find plenty to take you there for that price

Last time I took a tuk tuk to the airport from the river was $7.00 US dollars

$7.00 dollars and no more then $10.00 and set it up the day before.

7 is usual price if u travel very light then take motorcycle for 4-5

7 usd is fair to the driver and affordable. It's 13km.

KevinAllen wrote:

Walk if you are fit at all. Its a good one hour walk and you'll see a lot of the city, people and sights you'll miss on a tuktuk and never get to see while you are here. Evening/night is especially best as it is cool and pleasant. You can stop along the way at some Cambodian bistro or bar/restaurant for refreshment. If you tire you can always get a tuktuk from wherever you are way less than $10...If you are too tired to walk, have a lot of baggage or its too hot... pay the Tuktuk the going rate.

Sure, it's only 13km walking through traffic, ON the street mostly, since all sidewalks are full of cars, hawkers, motos and trash. Carry your luggage for an hour or two in the sizzling sun or torrential raining. What could possibly be more fun than this? What a great useful reply :(.

Honestly unless you have lots of luggage and are not in shape or tired it's a easy walk , with plenty of places along the way to get cold drink , and hey all the streets and sidewalks are busy and full , it's called Phnom Penh ?

Walking for hours in the stinking smell of car/motorbike fumes is no fun at all.

Even motodop or tuktuk give you the smell of the big city.

I always take a taxi, AC and no smell. Costs? $12. Not really a fortune.

True but what's Phnom Penh without the smells??

Haha. If you love CO2 then it's the place to be.

I prefer clean air (lived in a big city for the first 30 years of my life), the air in Sihanoukville where I live is so pure, sea wind, not much traffic, love it. But each to his own, no probs.

Hey I understand totally , I have only lived in small towns so I want big city ha , I think most people agree with you! Thanks for friendly reply enjoy the beach life , yes no problems to each there own , hey thanks

Yes wanted to correct my response to this subject , it's farther than I realized , yes 8-12$ is more in line not 5-7$ , I was wrong it's a long way from night market , I'm here at airport picking up my daughters , and I got a tuktuk for 5$ but after realizing how far it was , I gave him 10 $ he's waiting and I'm giving him 20$ back , I was dead wrong with 5$ , that's way out of line , 8-10 each way ,II just didn't realize how far it was !!

It's 13 km. The one way price is $7. Two way is a little cheaper. They are driving motorbikes. Not Mercedes. An official ticket at the airport is $8 if I'm right.

Well I have me and my two daughters so Tuk Tuk , seems 20$ round trip is about right

Good you realized the longer distance :)

Have a good time with your daughters!

Yes joe thanks yes your right , I run many 5k and 10k races at home ( always close to last) but hell I wouldn't want to walk that far !!! Hope everyone sees what great advice I offer ha , thanks again joe ,