Health Insurance in Sohar

Hello dear group members.

I am planning to take an opportunity in Sohar. Unfortunately its a single status and I will have to foot the bill for family expenses. I am not certain about the cost to acquire medical insurance for my wife and 1 3 years old son. Any feedback will assist me in making a decision. Please bear in mind that I am looking for a local Insurance Policy.

Thanks

Best Regards

Asif

Hi NEWTOFORUM,

If you have been provided with single status, then it would not even be possible for you to be able to sponsor your family by yourself.

It is your company who has to be the sponsor of your family,  and it is them who has to do all the required paperwork.

In Oman, by yourself, you cannot do anything concerning anything official, unlike in some other neighbouring countries. For all matters official, an employee has to go through the sponsor / company only.

So first you must speak with your future employer on how you could bring your family to live with you.

Concerning your query on medical insurance, you can choose to get medical coverage for as much, or as little, as you choose depending on your premium payment capacity.

Hi Sumitran,

Thanks for your response. Regarding the matter of bringing the family to Oman, I have raised this matter with employer and I have been advised that the company PRO will assist me with the documentation However I have to bear the expenses. I was under the impression that this arrangement will work?
In regards to the premium, I appreciate that the premium will vary depending upon the coverage, I would like to have a middle coverage which must not cost me more than $250/month for wife and son.

Thanks

Best Regards