Environmental protection in Montenegro

Hi,

Environmental protection is a challenging issue for all the countries around the world. Would you say this issue is deemed of significance in Montenegro?

Is the country going green through initiatives like waste management and selective sorting programs, renewable energies, public transport, green awareness campaigns and so forth?

How do you personally commit to improve the environment in your daily life?

We would greatly appreciate if you could tell us more about the various local initiatives for sustainable development in Montenegro.

Many thanks in advance!

Kenjee

Montenegro is definitely on the way to improve.
Garbage sorting. Water pollution monitoring. Renewable energies developments.
Still a lot to do to compete Swiss but the start is quite promising, I say.
The  country is quite clean by the way in general. They say - it is not clean only where they clean but where they do not thow garbage.

Our life here is very much dominated by promoting environmental awareness and sustainable tourism. We have built and now operate an off-grid,  eco campsite and eco project. We generate our own power, our water is solar heated, we re-use all our waste water to irrigate our flower and vegetable gardens and have state of the art odorless composting toilets and waterless urinals. Around the site there are inspiring examples of re-use, re-cycling, waste reduction and up-cycling. We are open to guests from early May to Sepember end. At the beginning and end of each season we organise workshops and activities that showcase what we are doing and how. From June 15th - September 4th we operate a clothing optional policy and fund our initiatives from revenue generated by guests looking for a relaxing camping holiday in a peaceful, natural environment surrounded by some of the best nature in Montenegro.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : advertising is not allowed

In general the only "green" areas are where the tourists go. I heard they will build waste treatment facilities or started to build them. Unfortunately further down the coast they dump garbage still and push it all into the see…i have witnessed this many times.  I have also swum by accident off course through raw sewage  along the coast in Bar after one of the hotels (Hotel Kalamper) released their waste. My German friend and i were in the water when we came across it…the most disgusting thing ever. I have many expats friends in Monti so i can ask them….