Environmental protection in Latvia

Hi,

Environmental protection is a challenging issue for all the countries around the world. Would you say this issue is deemed of significance in Latvia?

Is the country going green through initiatives like waste management and selective sorting programs, renewable energies, public transport, green awareness campaigns and so forth?

How do you personally commit to improve the environment in your daily life?

We would greatly appreciate if you could tell us more about the various local initiatives for sustainable development in Latvia.

Many thanks in advance!

Kenjee

We have built a 3 acre landscaped garden all on my own. Every leaf ,every peeling and every waste goes into a huge wooden air vented compost maker.Comes out as best treat for soils to feed the land. I made a hedgehog tunnel ending in a 4 meter square den under ground and my wall of stone to protect and hide the entrance. All wood chips from fire material on heating side goes as mulch on roses.  Nothing is wasted even egg boxes degrade. It is how English gardens beat the world designs and last for hundreds of years with simple care and love. Latvia is a hard place to handle an English Garden but with Gods help and energy determination comes easily and I will win against the odds of winter the huntsman and that cruelest of whips he cracks to destroy my plans. The summer sunshine thus returns to show the devil himself that nothing will stop an English gardener not even him.