How to Start Business in Lagos , Nigeria

Can any one advise .?

Hi, a brief introduction would be nice? :whistle:

(moderated: no ads please)

Hi I would like to start a new business in lagos. Where do I start?

Welcome on the forum sej ;)

May be you can tell us, what kind of business are you planning to invest, so that we can help you better!

Regards

It depend on the kind of business you intend doing

What new of business are taking about

I think you can do cassava buisness. I myself usually buy cassava from suppliers in Nigeria. you can do the same and if you dont have nay body to sell to, I can buy from you. many suppliers in nigeria have the products but do not have the means to sell it. So you can help them sell it out to people like us . We will buy from you
What do you think.
Honesti

This is for Honestipays,i'm interested in the area where you mentioned about cassava business.I don't mind supplying you with Garri.Altough,i live in UK but i have a farm in Nigeria that produces cassava.If you're interested,pls get in touch.

Dear Costocos,
I am happy you have a cassava farm in Nigeria that is so rich in agriculture. If you are really interested in the business, then we can work together. We dont buy garri anyway but we buy dry cassava chips which is cheaper than processing garri. The process of making cassava chips is to just peel the root, wash the peeled root, cut the washed root to smaller pieces and then dry the small pieces to stonedry. Remember peel, wash, cut and dryThats all you need for export. contact me through 393461434 (at) qq dot com so that we can discuss further.
waiting to hear from you.

I tried to go on the website you quoted but i couldn't find it.We can talk better on the phone but which part of the world are you from?send me your email address or if you can email me on [email protected],then if possible we can chat and gets to know more about eachother from there.Cheers.

What I sent you was an email address for you to contact me.

Hi,

I am thinking of setting up a travel agency type business and need advice on.

1. How much does it cost to set up a company

2. Where go you go to get a trading licence and how much does it cost to get one for a travel business

3. We will employ staff to man the reception and telephones, what is the average salary for reception staff in Lagos.

4. Also we are thinking of renting a 2-3 bed apartment how much would this cost us.

5. How much is the rent for an office on the upper floor of a shopping mall

Anyone who can help would be appreciated

Thanks

Victor

Hi Victor,

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

Wish you good luck
Christine

I will advice you to go home and do some findings by yourself but if you have someone you can trust say one of your parents can do the job for you.A 3 bedroom flat in Lagos should be between 250k to 400k(Naira)it depends on the part of Lagos.Another thing you can do is to google it and that will give you a wide varieties of idea about the business you are about to start.Goodluck Victor.

Hi,

I am new to the forum and am thinking of opening a business in Lagos or Abuja to sell travel related products to the local people.

DO you think that this business will work and where do Nigerians like to take their holiday. Is it within Africa like Kenya, S Africa etc or to Europe like London, SPain Italy.

You hear so many rumours about security is it safe to walk the streets by day and night.

Thanks

Vic

lupain and rkvikas, do you guys still need the info you asked for?

I dont think travel business will work there in Nigeria, because many them do nt have money to travel for holidays, only the few rich do but they already have their relatives abroad. Maybe you can think of other places.

hello,

it all depends on your field and becareful so that you would not be duped in Lagos all you need is people that you trust.

Guys, been following your comments/advise but people still travel in naija o.. I was listening to a radio program sometimes this year and up to 6 people called the guest(a travel expert)that they are willing to go to the Caribbean for a vacation... I guess travel business is still working but you must have the know-how skills and lagos sense

Hi guys

I am david I am looking to the comments in this post but wat I feel is a person shud visit the place analyse and then decide which bussiness suits that place so jump in lagos and see it yourself there can be a lot of opportunities there even I am visiting lagos so that I can analyse it in betyer manner seeking advice is always gud.

cheers
David

@ David > Just to inform you that this thread is old ( 2010). However, thank you for your contribution !  :top:

Priscilla

Hi priscilla

Thanks for your reply I just replied to the thread.
Since I might go to lagos as ryy now in bujumbura so just surfing and gathering information.

thnks
David