Is Hungary really in a state of emergency?

The world is getting poorer due to over population, there are only so many resources yet the resource consumers keep becoming more and more. A pie is only so big, the more mouths you have to feed the smaller everyones piece of the pie becomes.
World leaders need to seriously address over population, we are heading for a disaster and keeping on multiplying is not sustainable. If there are fewer people needed to spend resources on there will be enough for everyone and we wont need to take measures for pollution and global warming. Everything will be cheaper because the demand wont be so high and everything wont get depleted so fast.

Yes mental illness is a terrible thing.
My best school mates father was a resident of Camerillo mental hospital.
Her mom was super smart, a teacher at a high end private school, she also had issues and was put in hospital several times when my friend was really small. This same friend has done herself in, must of been something in the family. Her brother graduated in my older sisters class. We were there in the crowd of graduates when he went off during the ceremony.He was Valley Victorian of his class. Got on stage and started ranting so much and calling the principle out over the Vietnam war.He ran off stage and several male teachers chased after him, it was "nuts" to say the least.
My dad and step-dad both were US vets from WW11, both medics and my step-dad was even called back for the Korean war. He was a POW during both wars.
Both of my dad's sadly had hand to hand combat, both survived, guess the other guy didn't.
They still had PTSD but somehow were able to have families and hold jobs. Not sure why all of a sudden everyone in the  military is going high level PTSD on the world. What are they doing to these people?
My half-sister was born during my mom's later years, she was nearly 45 years old, had her last child at age nearly 47.
Mom took my sister in for a mental exam as a small kid because as my mom said, "She just isn't as quick" as all the rest of her kids were.
Doc said my sister was "normal" at least that was his opinion.

I think that is part  of the explanation but also there are many other factors.  Personally I dislike getting embroiled in politics. In a changing world  many societies are becoming increasingly urban and people make big moves to get away from conflicts and gain employment.
I prefer recycling,  renewing and repairing goods rather than constantly using the world's resources.  I am also very interested in ecology and many other ideas to improve the world,  such as co operative village based employment projects.
Unfortunately though we are all hypercritical and want to have families,  new goods,  phones etc.  Just see how we all act when there is a power strike.

When they start asteroid mining and bring materials to the Earth to use, they will increase its mass and its rotation will start to slow down.   Then the days and night lengths will change.  Of course, we'd have to talk about mega amounts of materials to make any difference.

I read here  Urbanisation means evolutionary change

On the other hand, maybe by the end of the century, we'll have overflow capacity on Mars.  Now that would be super cool.

Maybe the earth is flat?
Who knows what's going on really, just doing our best to live and let live.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Maybe the earth is flat?
Who knows what's going on really, just doing our best to live and let live.

In the words of The Donald, "....what the HELL is going on?"

I've always known the world is flat - it is hereabouts anyway (ok, bit further West it is).  And from what I hear Elvis is living on the moon.  But I'm still not sure who was on the grassy knoll.

Honestly,

Do you walk around with a paper bag over your head!

Sorry, but the question is so laughable.... NO, of course not...

fluffy2560 wrote:

But I'm still not sure who was on the grassy knoll.

That was me.

My 2nd step-dad who mom married in her senior years and after burying the love of her life, who a 2 X POW and a serious alcoholic.
Very odd stuff when I thought back on it, both of my step- father's were introduced to my mother through knowing my father. Not sure if he was for her or against her!
Long story but this step-dad had been married 5 times before meeting my mom, twice to the same women.
If you look at old tv adds for  Old Gold cig's where they have ladies wearing a cig box with only their tap dancing legs showing, she was the one with the shortest legs... Odd or what?
At one time he had Ronald Regan as a neighbor when Ronnie was gov. of Cal. Their kids swam together...He had a successful business as a heating/A/C mechanic with many trucks and employees.
Mom met him when it was all gone, he had put his two daughters through law school at Standford and neither of them ever contacted him after he went down the tubes.
My mother loved to rescue people and she rescued my step- dad. Took him in, got him to slow way way down with his drinking and got him a job as a heating/A/C man in a factory.
All good for many years but in the end when she got very ill he let her down by starting his heavy drinking again and quit his job.
Let her support him with her SS and loans against her house.
When she passed on we children of hers went after him but he hid from us.
Sad stuff, I have little to no love for weak people who use others and use their "poor little me" life to explain away their weak personalities.
I respect people who just go away rather then people who try to get the last drop of blood out of someone else.
My 2nd step- dad would of taken him out back and had his way with him but alas life is never fair and sometimes the good guys loose.
Numero 3 always used the excuse about being a POW whenever things got hard, weak really if it was really that bad he should of put himself into the VA hospital and not mixed with normal hard working society.

Have to stay far away from people and situations that could bring you down.
People who are real refugees do need a bit of help but long term they shouldn't be living off of society, there has to be limits to how much they take without giving back.

ginahun wrote:

Honestly,

Do you walk around with a paper bag over your head!

Sorry, but the question is so laughable.... NO, of course not...

Best to use the quote button as contributors won't know who or which comment you are replying to.

I'll have go at this:

State of emergency, no,  Crisis, almost and possibly just around the corner - why? Labour laws, appropriation of private property, demonisation of foreigners, labour shortage, isolation of extremist government parties, financial pressure (EU withholding funds), HU-nationalist based eugenics etc.  Take your pick.

We're seeing more and more ludicrous policies coming up and the start of more distancing of the HU government - e.g. Hungary maybe ejected from the EPP, the Soros Juncker poster debacle  as examples.   

History shows that the more burnt out a government and politicians are, the more and more megalomaniac and extremist they become as they search for a policy and strategy to keep themselves in power.  The right wing atmosphere cannot continue as these things are pretty much self limiting once a credible alternative leader appears. Then the regime is doomed.   

Take a look at current affairs Venezuela - Guaidó vs Maduro or even history with Thatcher or more extremist comparisons Mussolini or others like Idi Amin.

Jennifer_BudaVar1014 wrote:

The world is getting poorer due to over population, there are only so many resources yet the resource consumers keep becoming more and more. A pie is only so big, the more mouths you have to feed the smaller everyones piece of the pie becomes.
World leaders need to seriously address over population, we are heading for a disaster and keeping on multiplying is not sustainable. If there are fewer people needed to spend resources on there will be enough for everyone and we wont need to take measures for pollution and global warming. Everything will be cheaper because the demand wont be so high and everything wont get depleted so fast.

I'm not so sure the world is really over populated, rather everyone is being lumped into "areas" that are easier to control.
In the US alone about 90% or more of the land has zero population living on it.
I for one do not believe the world is over populated, there is enough for everyone, issue is some jerks want it all for themselves alone.
I grew up thinking we were overpopulated so only had one child, dam it, wish I had at least 6 children now seeing what low minded people are having hoards of children.
OK, not all mine would of been social justice warriors but they would of at least been good looking.

fluffy2560 wrote:

more extremist comparisons Mussolini or others like Idi Amin.

But do not forget, that Mussolini was in power for 21 years and Idi Amin was eventually replaced by Museveni in 1986, who is still in power and who has also a lot of.... things.... in recent years to stay in power.

IMHO, I don't expect a political alteration in Hungary any time soon.

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

more extremist comparisons Mussolini or others like Idi Amin.

But do not forget, that Mussolini was in power for 21 years and Idi Amin was eventually replaced by Museveni in 1986, who is still in power and who has also a lot of.... things.... in recent years to stay in power.

IMHO, I don't expect a political alteration in Hungary any time soon.

Yes, you are absolutely right.  Museveni says that he's not a politician but leader of a movement.  Weasel words for sure.  Bit like Colonel Gadaffi too.  I believe his last words were "what did I ever do to you?".  Despots unconnected with reality like most of them.  One that comes to mind recently isAlgerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika.   

But for the timelines, I predict 2-3 years more unfortunately and possibly say a year if optimistic.  OV doesn't have the resources or finances to  stem the outflow of HU citizens to greener pastures.  The policies are getting somewhat panicky and shrill-like.

fluffy2560 wrote:

But for the timelines, I predict 2-3 years more

Fidesz is now so ingrained in every day life (like the tendrils of a cancer), I think that is very optimistic.

My crystal ball broke years ago (well, actually it never really worked well), but I am thinking more in terms of a decade .... minimum.....

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

But for the timelines, I predict 2-3 years more

Fidesz is now so ingrained in every day life (like the tendrils of a cancer), I think that is very optimistic.

My crystal ball broke years ago (well, actually it never really worked well), but I am thinking more in terms of a decade .... minimum.....

You're probably right.  Some of these things - like communism - are generational things.  Take a long time to get rid of the corruption and fascist thinking.

I can see if you have crystal balls, you're a traditionalist.  I'm using Kevlar reinforced carbon fibre balls. 

Sure, completely opaque but that's a small point as we already know what determines the future.  Events of course.

fluffy2560 wrote:

I can see if you have crystal balls, you're a traditionalist.

Actually I have steel balls.

Turning my head ..... *cough, cough*

IYKWIM

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

IYKWIM

To be in business here, you probably need upgraded armoured ones.   Kevlar will stop or deflect but not much use on the attack although carbon fibre could work.  Propaganda could be to change your first name to Kevlar* to strike fear in your enemies hearts. 

Oh, btw, worth looking at this video of Guy Verhofstadt in the European parliament addressing OV.

*I haven't checked but I bet some people have really called their kids Kevlar.

fluffy2560 wrote:
klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

IYKWIM

To be in business here, you probably need upgraded armoured ones.   Kevlar will stop or deflect but not much use on the attack although carbon fibre could work.

Phht. Kevlar and carbon are defensive.

Steel balls. Offensive. IYKWIM, AITYD.

All metaphorically speaking of course.

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:
klsallee wrote:

IYKWIM

To be in business here, you probably need upgraded armoured ones.   Kevlar will stop or deflect but not much use on the attack although carbon fibre could work.

Phht. Kevlar and carbon are defensive.

Steel balls. Offensive. IYKWIM, AITYD.

All metaphorically speaking of course.

Yeah, I got it.

CF could be workable for a stabbing weapon but be useless for sword as CF cannot hold an edge. 

But if you take up ranching at the vineyard, you could use them as boleadoras while dressed up a gaucho.

I started this subject in 2016 when I was in the states and read something online about Hungary.
Seems not much has changed in 3 years.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I started this subject in 2016 when I was in the states and read something online about Hungary.
Seems not much has changed in 3 years.

As they say in French....

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

which means.....

the more things change, the more they stay the same

No surprises, status quo retained!