Any advice on moving to Scotland..

Hi I'm Flori. I have dual citizenship UK and US. I've lived in the US California most of my life. My husband and I would like to move to Scotland this fall. Any advice on this move would be appreciated. We both enjoy some geeky interests such as scifi and gaming. I guess you could describe us as a bit eccentric.

Hi Flori,

Welcome on board  :)

This new thread has been created from your post on the Scotland forum so that you may further elaborate on the questions you have concerning your move.

Anything in particular you want to know ?

All the very best
Bhavna

Hi Flori,
There is a lot to say about Scotland but I am sure you did some research :)
It is a really great place to live in and people are very friendly, open and welcoming.
The weather is another matter but you will know this, I am sure! If you are relocating in autumn, just be aware that the first months here will be rather dark as we have very short days in winter and of course a lot of wind and rain (depending where you are living, the west gets most rain, snow and storms).
Scotland provides health care for everyone and it is free. So is  education and the museums for example.
You will find that living costs are much higher here, rent/mortgages, gas/electricity or food are the highest in Europe (well besides Switzerland) whereas the jobs aren't so well payed (again depending on where you work).
Just a very brief overlook about some things that you might want to know. If you have further questions, just ask :)
Ciorstain