New tariff changes

hello all,

just gt to know that the cost of living including utility bill payments have gone up due to the dip in oil prices.does any body know how much of a difference it makes right now?

Well I think the price of fuel went up 60%

Hi,

as vikpaw mentioned petrol was the highest with 60%, we should see the difference at the end of this month, since new electricity and water prices were applied on March 1st.

T&R

thank you vikpaw and logical Indian as always.were the increase in oil and utility prices reflected in day to day living.for eg. grocery price etc?

I will send you a private message regarding this but to make it easy. Fuel has gone up 60% already. EWA is going up gradually over the next 4 years, but the increase will make it very hard for some people to cope.

We do have to remember that no prices have increased in over 30 years though and the ministry do pay a huge amount of our bills.

thanks josnuggles.pardon my ignorance,but what is EWA?

EWA is your electric and water rates.

EWA is electricity and Water Authority. They also do the municipality tax

There will be a reactionary immediate impact but the full effect may only become clear months or even years down the line.

The costs in the supply chain have gone up, this will trickle down as stock rotates, if the grocery prices haven't gone up, they inevitably will.
Rents are already rumored to be rising.

As a consumer it just feels bad but as the effect compounds and affects savings and disposable income it will have a deeper impact.

I returned a rental car the other day and they calculated that I owed them exactly 2BD! Never had an issue about fuel in a renter in the Middle East...

thank you josnuggles and vikpaw and OL1.

vikpaw wrote:

I returned a rental car the other day and they calculated that I owed them exactly 2BD! Never had an issue about fuel in a renter in the Middle East...

2BD is still a fair amount of fuel. Could be around half a tank or more in a small car. The major agencies would question this if you're supposed to return it full, even in the ME.

Anyway, at 2BD, it's perhaps not the best example of the "deeper impact" of economic stringency.  ;)