Renew portuguese passport

I would like to renew my portuguese passport in lisbon and see the city for the first time. My portuguese language skills are very limited.  Are there any private services to help in this matter ?
Thanks
Joao

How did you get a Portuguese passport in the first place?  :/   Usually renewing it is just a matter of providing some current photos, completing an application and paying the fee. 

Romaniac

joaoshark wrote:

I would like to renew my portuguese passport in lisbon and see the city for the first time. My portuguese language skills are very limited.  Are there any private services to help in this matter ?
Thanks
Joao

Unless you are a citizen or naturalized citizen of Portugal you wouldn't even have a Portugese Passport. Do you mean you want to renew your South African Passport? Do you have dual citizenship?

If you want to renew a South African Passport then you should apply at the Consulate-General of South Africa in Lisbon. You will need a passport renewal form (should be available online), 2 passport photos, applicable fee and your present passport. Simple as that.

If you are a Portuguese citizen then you can renew at the IRN, or at the passport office at Lisbon airport. Requirements same as above. Fees range from 65 euros for normal service to 100 euros for urgent service at the airport. If all the requirements are met and you submit your application for urgent service at the Lisbon airport BEFORE 12:00h your passport will be ready after 16:30h same day. If submitted AFTER 12:00h the it will take one business day.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Check on line? You have a Portuguese passport and don't speak the language! Start learning!
You can renew anywhere at any consulate or embassy wherever this is one, not only here in Portugal. Where are you from?

Hi , I currently live in London and as there are no dates of appointment available in London I am unable to get an appointment. I hold a Portuguese passport and I need to renew it before may 2017. Do I need to book an appointment if I am travelling to Lisbon to renew or can I just come there straightaway ? Also could you please provide the address of the embassy or places to renew in Lisbon ?

Thanks &regards,

Querida M