Playmates available in Bucharest for a 4 year old?

Our 4 year old son, native English speaker, needs playmates his age/around his age, for fun couple of hours over the weekend. Weather permitting, playgrounds and/or parks would be best for a meetup.

I'm also looking - if you have info available, for story telling/meetups with other toddlers in libraries/theater settings.

If available, know of such events, please PM me.

my daughter is two. we are in Brasov unfortunately. but i posted something similar when i first got here. hopefully you will have more luck in Bucharest. However, my advice is to just go to the park and you will soon have a number of regulars that you bump into and you could approach about making actual playdates eventually.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatelly i am a working mom, so meeting during the week is out of question, and only weekends remain available. And parks are full of Romanian speaking kids, which my son is responsive to, but I want an activity in English for him. I even wrote to the British council maybe they have something available, turns out 4yo fluent in English are very rare.

Unfortunate!

Again thank you for your reply! If we're going to Brasov anytime soon I will contact you if that's ok with you:)

Michaela

please do. i am a stay at home mom,wish i could start a reading group for kids. in english. cant seem to meet any english speaking kids tho...good luck!

I actually found someone in Bucharest. But I cannot simply attach my self and a 4yo to a family!:)

Maybe I should start my own English story telling club!

MiMiMix wrote:

I actually found someone in Bucharest. But I cannot simply attach my self and a 4yo to a family!:)

Maybe I should start my own English story telling club!

I think since you're only available on the weekends, and considering that Bucharest is so spread out, you might find it challenging to find other expats that are willing and able to participate.  But it won't hurt to put a word out and see you draw any interest.  The EVENTS section is a good place to do this.

Good luck

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

exactly...neccessity is the mother of all invention.lol

It might be worth you checking out www.BucharestWithKids.net as they have details of various meet-ups and other events for kids and families in Bucharest. It's a relatively new website designed for English-speakers in Bucharest so could be a useful resource for you. I know they're starting a forum to facilitate arranging meet-ups as well. Where are you based? There's a lot of native English speaking families in and around Pipera.

I'm Clișee to downtown, near Unirii-Alba Iulia square. But cabs go everywhere in the city:)

Thanks for the lead!

Hello...I am an expat from California with a 2.5 year old son. My son learning both English and Romanian. I think it would be fun for meetups. I will pm my details. Also, I am a teacher here at an international school...reading to my kids is my favorite, I would be willing to help.

Hello
We are Romanians.  I have a 3,5 boy speaking English and Romanian (we lived in UK until he was 2). We live at Tineretului (close to Alba Iulia) and go out to play every weekend - parks, forest, theaters, swimming, etc. Give me a sign if you want local friends :)

Hi Michaela,

Why don't you send an email to Bucharest Moms. Its an online group of mainly expat mums. The email address is "[email protected]"

Hope this helps,

Best,

Christine

Will do! Thanks for the tip!

Hi,

I return in my country  from UK and  I already missing live from there!

I have a son 5 yrs old!

If you wish to talk let me know!

Regards
Alisa

Hi,

My name is Alisa!
I have a son for 5 yrs old!
I  wish to meet others mums!

Alisa

Hi Peainapid!
We just moved to Brasov from Dubai. I have 2 daughters (2.4 and 4.5 y/os) and they both speak English. I would really love to have them interact in English with other kids so they don't loose it. Did u manage meanwhile to find some play dates? Let ne know pls, i am open to anything.

Carmen Pluntke wrote:

Hi Peainapid!
We just moved to Brasov from Dubai. I have 2 daughters (2.4 and 4.5 y/os) and they both speak English. I would really love to have them interact in English with other kids so they don't loose it. Did u manage meanwhile to find some play dates? Let ne know pls, i am open to anything.

Hello,

This topic is for playmates in Bucharest, not Brasov.  Also, I believe peainapod has since moved on to the UK if I'm not mistaken. 

I'd recommend you start a new topic in the Brasov forum if you want to organize something in Brasov :)

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

I am an English speaking pensioneer, looking for creating a park  Playdate Group ...for singing English Songs, poems (OldMcDouglas type..:)), doing sport, having great time!! ........
For more details, please contact me: Granny Ada, ****
North area of Bucharest.

Tks....kiss

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Carmen,

My wife and I just moved to Bucharest with our 2yr old daughter.  We would like her to socialize in English with children her age.  We live near Piata Romana, but are flexible to meet at any park.  If you would like to schedule a playdate, let me know. 

Best,
Jonathan

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hello... I don't know how to navigate this website at all how do I reply to people who have individually commented on this forum??? Would the californian mom reach out to me, the family from Dubai ... etc. I am an English native with 10 month old and want to make friends and interact with other mums and children!