Tools and accessories

Hi

what tools did you wish you bought with you and what accessories are available or not in BG.  I know that's a bit of a wide area so I'll be specific

nails and gas for nail guns - Available?  Expensive?
makita tools/accessories - Price differences UK - BG
planer blades?
generators - what are the quality like in BG and cost? Big enough to run the house
nuts/nails/bolts/screws - whats the quality like?

Generally how good is the quality of local tools?

Cheers in advance and any information greatly received

Quality not great, most makes available.  Nails - strong similarity to butter, screws like losing their heads, nuts and bolts had no issues with.

Cheers!  I've seen Makita shops in VT and their prices were pretty good but it's nearly always the accessories that are expensive

I am bringing my UK tool kit with me, 60 boxes of my trade tools trade's I am qualified in, that being Carpenter, Bricklayer, Electrician, Tiler, Plasterer, Plumber! You can't beat having tools you are comfy working with!

Cheers Bruce, we've got a fair few coming too but we were thinking about getting replacements or the accessories, blades, drill bits etc.

There is a good variety of tool and accessories, and as everywhere else you get what you paid for. There are cheap Chinese stuff and on the other end nice German ones. Just depends what you want and can afford.

Thanks Chris

I suppose some of the worry is running out of drill bits, blades and not yet being able to recognize good local brands.  Are you in trade?

I'm not in the trade but I know my way around a hardware store, look in Baumax they have everything, also Merto has some tools but not as big of a selection.

I have no idea what my next few weeks look like and I am totally phased by the prospect of driving all those miles, not knowing whether my little house will be occupied by Gypsies when I arrive! However on a lighter note, It is my intent to compile a list of to brings with me for my second round trip from the UK!  I will be setting up a small DIY shop mail order/collect for hardware consumables, drill, screws nuts bolts washers etc, and anything else anyone can think of, once I get there. As long as it pays enough to help me survive!  I know what it's like arriving and finding you forgot something that is now 1800 miles away behind you! I will on occasion be doing return trips to the UK and this will allow me to bring other stuff.

Brilliant thanks for that