Dianes trip.

No phone, cant call anyone.  Shared car rental with air steward. She doesn't smoke, hotel no smoke. Me  GRRRRR >not much fun. Will go to San Juan for 3 days and stay there.

I was under the impresion that you were heading from airport straight to Rincon area and staying at Rincon inn or something like that.
How do you share a rental?
What is wrong with your phone?
Walk outside and have a smoke, dont sneak a smoke in the room, they will charge you. Same for the car, smoke outside the car. i had to pay 50 bucks extra when I returned the car due to smoke smell

Decided to share car  rental.  Big mistake. Woman has no clue how to share or compromise. My phone plan does not work in PR

Well this is going to be interesting! Good luck and look into gps for the car (if you havnen't done so) and possibly, getting your own rental for a day or two so that you have the freedom to accomplish why you are on the island.

Contact your phone provider to see if you can get temporary coverage for the time you will be here. I do this with AT&T when I am traveling outside of their regular covered area.

Oh no what happened .I thought you were coming to Rincon

You can also get a disposable phone at walmart. It will run you around $75 depending how many minutes you add to it.

Given that you are sharing a car it may be difficult to move around the island as your companion probably have their own timeline and places they want to be.

Two members were expecting to show you around their part of the island, hope in the end it all works out for you.

jUST TYPED A LONG EXPLANATION  TO YOU ALL AND IT GOT WIPED OUT. mORE LATER. 
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR KIND AND HELPFUL IDEAS.

pHONE NOT THAT IMPORTANT TOO ME

I don't need GPS. I grew up knowing how to read a paper map and also ask for directions when needed. My limited Spanish has helped greatly.

Thank you so much for the help. It was very much appreciated, Rincon is not the town for me, although it was very pretty. Drove to east coast and doing tourist stuff.

There is a growing comunity in Luquillo, Fajardo, Ceiba, and Humacao. All in the east of the island. Several of us live there or plan to live there. Close to Culebra and Vieques.

Spent 2 nights in Loquillo. Was nice.

Hi, Diane.  Are you still on the east coast?  I wish all the best in your searches.

yes, but leaving today

ReyP wrote:

Hi dianec333,
Just out of curiosity, what made you realise that PR was not for you?

dianec333 wrote:

The weather is perfect, the people are great. The traffic is worse than snowbird season in Florida, but with only 1 road out. I don't need  the stress, even though it may be minor to some.    I may return to southern Oregon on the coast. Weather not bad in the south, and pacific ocean is beautiful.

sandrarduncan wrote:

I have no idea what traffic stuff you are referring too.  I lived in nh and have worked in boston Chicago Atlanta and San Francisco
Traffic here is nothing .

adlin20 wrote:

Try the traffic here in California! Went to the mall Sunday 20 minutes for 15 miles. Did the same on Monday 55 minutes!!!

dianec333 wrote:

I just need peace and quiet. It may be ok for you, but for me it is not the place to live. I was really hoping it would work, as I love the people, the weather and the country is beautiful. I have lived in big cities, London, Paris,  Myers, Tampa, Denver etc. I prefer laid back country.

Well Diane....I can sympathize and relate. Traffic and especially Driving is crazy all over the island no matter where you live in PR. How anyone can deny that is beyond me. Of course there is traffic in other cities and places but at least people usually obey traffic laws and the police enforce the law as well. Things are not always that peaceful or quiet in PR either....although it can be found.  Anyway Diane sounds like you are making the best decision for you and that's what's important.