Bed, bath & beyond

Hey we just moved in Sao paulo pinheiros. We are not able to find any  bath Shower gel and hair oil.

It will be great help for us

Thanks

Hi meghas,

You should be able to find shower gel (gel de banho) in most major pharmacies in São Paulo. It is also available in cosmetic/perfume shops like O Boticário. It's not cheap by any means, you're going to be looking at prices around R$20 and up for small tubes.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "hair oil", there are numerous hair products here from "creme de pentear" a comb-through lotion, "hidratante" a hidrater, and these should be available in the personal hair care aisle in major supermarket.

In fact, you'll likely find both of these products in the major hypermarkets like Extra, Carrefour, Makro, etc.

Really, none of these products should be very difficult to find anywhere in Brazil, don't know why you're having a problem. Do you speak any Portuguese? Maybe that's your problem and it will hold you back greatly in your day-to-day life here.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Thanks a ton James. And yes i am learning Portuguese :)

Regarding hair oils, I believe not many people use them here. But as an alternative you can start using Johnson baby hair oil  :) . You can definetely find it in many supermarkets.

...Seriously, you do not find shower gel in Brazil? Do you mean you do not find in Brazil the shower gel brand you were using in your home country?
That's the little inconvenient of expat life.

All you`re looking for is found in lojas americanas, they´re not expensive there I tell you!

If you're looking for hair oil such as Argan, you can find it in major supermarkets and pharmacies. Garnier and Loreal are 2 brands they have here. Hope that helps!