Living and working in Austria

Hi everyone!

I am from Malmesbury, Cape Town and I am currently living and working in Florida, USA. I met my girlfriend here over a year ago. We were lucky enough to spend most of our time together here, but she has since had to go back to Austria.

My problem is that I have a job offer in Austria, but I am not sure how to go about the process. I have read a lot about the Red-White-Red card system in place. Not sure if any of that applies to me.

If there is anyone on here with some advice on how to go about this I would greatly appreciate it. Anything would help.

It's killing me being so far away from here.

Thanks everyone!!
Donwynne

Heya, the process is fairly straight forward. Job offer in ink + fill out forms, pay and send in your application.

They then get back to you and tell you whether or not you have been granted the RWR-Visa.

You can find some more info here: http://www.migration.gv.at/en/types-of- … -card.html:)

There will be a significant amount of effort from the company's side to get you there as they have to basically vouch for you, but if you want to make absolutely sure as to how to go about it, get to the nearest embassy and ask :)
I have never had a bad experience with the Austrian embassy or Fremdempolizei, and they also helped out as much as possible. And remember that if you want to move here for your job, there are going to be some massive cultural changes and it isn't a decision to be made lightly for the long term.

Good luck man, I hope it all works out!
Feel free to contact me if you want some more guidance.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Where the confusion sets in for me is that on the migration website there are a few requirements for a red-white-red card (ie. Earn a certain salary and so on.)
The job that I was offered does not meet the requirements on the website. Does this mean I am unable to apply for a work permit, or is the process just going to be slightly different?

Thank you again for the information.