Tips and advice to thrive in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Hi,

When living in a foreign country, you have to adapt to a new environment, various cultures and different social codes.

How did you manage to adjust to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines?

How long does it take to feel at home? Would you say it is an easy process?

According to you, what is key for a successful integration process in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience!

Priscilla

I fell in love with SVG many years ago whilst conducting workshops for and among small businesses. Like many small islands, there is a trick to making the best of the experience. Here are mine:

1, Focus only your joy, peace and well being
2. Do not volunteer criticisms
3. SURROUND YOURSELF ONLY WITH PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT YOUR GOALS
4. SURROUND YOURSELF ONLY WITH PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT YOUR WELLBEING
5. Be generous with your compliments about the island - this wasnt difficult for me as I knew WHY I was there and when I would leave. I love SVG!
6. Do not be surprised if jealousy and illwill arises - it happens everywhere
7. Get involved- I went to yoga retreats and loved em
8. Dont expect that everyone is your friend--I focused on my home and homelife and the rest flowed from there
9. Maintain a good relationship with your grocer- I loved my talks with the people at the supermarket, they would text me when local meat came, once canned ackees arrived etc I LOVE SVG!
10. Enjoy each island for a day- we placed our vehicle on a ferry and de-stressed in Bequia quite frequently
11. Manage your money closely, it is more expensive than you think
12. Know your market people
13. Have at least one family or friend that serve as tourist guide i.e tells you some history, culture, great spots etc
14. Beware of thebad minded persons-they are in all our homelands eh - when first entering- speak little, listen more

You may notice that I focus on simple pleasures, I love SVG because I focused not on those who would provide energy to the alternative.