Tips and advice to thrive in Malta

Hi,

When living in a foreign country, you have to adapt to a new environment, various cultures and different social codes.

How did you manage to adjust to Malta?

How long does it take to feel at home? Would you say it is an easy process?

According to you, what is key for a successful integration process in Malta?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience!

Priscilla

Google says yes

https://www.google.com.mt/webhp?sourcei … ty%20malta

The main site appears to be under construction though

Thank you Paulolly, I checked out Google but only saw news paper articles, no actual web page, like you say could be under construction.

Hi Priscilla..

I will be honest from personal preference/experience. Its not EASY to live in Malta especially if you use to living in big city life. At first it didnt bother me because the first couple of weeks feels like a holiday..but once reality sinks in that its for the long run...culture shock  happens and i mean MAJOR CULTURE shock i never new there was something called culture shock until i moved to Malta. Food..habits..leisure..social life...roads...driving and last but not least RACISM!!!! Worst of all these are things you'll have to deal with on your own in silence. Adaption is defnitely not easy as you have no support from family or friends in a strange country. I have been here for 1 year and couple of months and imonly surviving by the support of my loving husband.
My advice for people is to always do thorough  research of the country you planning to move to. In my opinion Malta is like a retired town for the old and defnitely not for he young who is used to bigger and better!!
But then again our experience could be different!!

Hello everyone > Thank you for your sharing :)

My name is Graham and aged 61  and hoping to move here in the next 18 months and being ex navy will I fit in