Any advice live music in HCMC

Hi,Since there are always a boring time for my weekend. Can anyone advice me, are there any good live music (full bands) to hang out in HCMC.:)

Welcome to the forum ANNE07 :)

Hard Rock Cafe in Dist 1, do u have try go there?

ANNE07 wrote:

Hi,Since there are always a boring time for my weekend. Can anyone advice me, are there any good live music (full bands) to hang out in HCMC.:)

Yoko in Nguyen Thi Dieu Street, D3
Im yours cafe at 29/27 Doan Thi Diem, Phu Nhuan distrist. They have live music every saturday ;) and this is my favourite coffee shop :p
Cacophony at 57H Tu Xuong Streer, D3. They make this place look like a 'little HaNoi' :)
Tadao coffee bar in Tu Xuong Street - live music everyday in a week ;) but the problem is that the service isnt really good here :) have to wait a long time to get the drink :(

*I love live music coffee shops.. so if u guys know any interesting places, let share for everybody ;)

*Cheer*

Thanks Muda, the Hard rock cafe is the place that I always spend my weekend there, this is the cool place and I belive that there would be the best rock music in the town.

Thanks tmt4788 for your information, are your recommend coffee shops perform a full band music, if so I will try to visit there.

a performance with full band music there Anne ;)
Microwave or another vietnamese bands and foreign bands play there sometime ;)

I learned about a guy named Ben Chua on Twitter (Vietnam720). He's got a great website and often posts information about live events in HCMC, here's the link vietnam720.com
email or contact him on twitter, I'm sure he can give you lots of info about concerts.
Good luck!
Zac
The West Lake Review
westlakereview.blogspot.com

Xóm Cafe - 27 Trần Quý Khoách, P.Tân Định, Q.1, Tp.HCM (Sài gòn)

Live music every night at 8:30.
Tonight (Saturday) is acoustic.

Also:

"The popular Thai Van Lung Bernie's Grill and Bar continues their weekly Thursday night jam sessions led by well-known Saigon-based musician Juram Gavero."
wordhcmc.com/events/141-general/1541-jam-session-at-bernies

When I went there was no jamming (at least early on) but a duo played classic rock covers (REM, U2, The Police etc.).

lots of great places with good bands playing, in saigon. in addition to wats been mentioned here, try:

Acoustic Cafe, 6E1 Ngô Thời Nhiệm - has some great bands playing. good atmosphere if u like rock n the crowd gets quite into it. a local HRC, if u like ;)

Sheridan's Irish Pub, on Le Thanh Ton street has an excellent band playing on fridays. it was a full band, with the drummer playing on a small kit, as its a rather small place, with a nice pub atmosphere. great band, check it out. on friday's though.

thanks Patrick3000 for sharing the information.. and Xóm cafe is a interesting and nice place with nice music :p

i would recommend acoustic, nice place, good music, pleasant people

You can go to Guitar Go on Thich Quang Duc, Phu Nhuan.

Curtis King, his band, and Le Roi Jones are playing tonight, Tuesday 21st, at Sheridans irish House on 17 Le Than Ton, D1. from about 7.30pm. Jazz, R&B and rick.
This bar also has regular live music, Wwestern style, just about every night.

wow wow wow... so i'm so interested in this topic!!! i've never tried this kind of live music before.... i wish we could do a hang out to enjoy it someday... i wish...i wish... i wish...!!! rock is the best ;)

you can also go to Carmen on Ly Tu Trong Str. Dist 1 for Flamingo music. I like Hyatt lounge - music with piano, good drinks :D

following on to this... does anyone know of club/bar/cafe where accomplished musicians can get together for onstage jam session ? not rock music but Jazz styles. Singers too ?

Stop by QD Bar & Lounge, 138 Ton That Dam, Q1.  They are located on the third floor and always seem to have a live band up on stage playing all kinds of genres.  They also have some pretty good buffalo wings.

Here is a link from The Word magazine:
wordhcmc.com/events/141-general/1034-jazz-night-at-qd-bar-a-lounge

Live Jazz something on Le Loi beside MOF if you are looking for Jazz music. It is established a famous local saxophone artist (Tran Manh Tuan).

follow us on face book , hot tzigani project

If you are near Q.1, there are so many cafe and bar offering live music.

hi ,     like us on ace book , and follow hour concert

facebook.com/swingsaigon?fref=ts

we play lot of jazz standard ,  you are welcome  for the gig , what u play ?

Seventeen Saloon , Pham Ngu Lao st , live band most nights , filippino , covers , great music