Need info on new work visa in Bahrain.

Hi experts,

My friend has got a new job opportunity in Bahrain. I am totally new to the Bahrain visa rules, hence appreciate if someone could help with the below queries : -

a) Obtaining an Engineer visa in Bahrain (He is an IT engineer by profession)
b) In Bahrain, do we need to surrender the passport to the employer during the work tenure ?
c) Also, is there any key thing which we need to check with our new employer who is offering a job ?

At the moment, they (VAM systems)  have send a contract copy instead of offer letter - is this the usual procedure in Bahrain ?

Appreciate your response. Thanks

Hi!

a) Obtaining an Engineer visa in Bahrain (He is an IT engineer by profession)

Its the same procedure for everyone no different for an IT Engineer

b) In Bahrain, do we need to surrender the passport to the employer during the work tenure ?

It is illegal for an employer to hold the passport of an employee in Bahrain

http://lmra.bh/portal/en/faq/question/6#.Vs66Afl97iw

c) Also, is there any key thing which we need to check with our new employer who is offering a job ?
At the moment, they (VAM systems)  have send a contract copy instead of offer letter - is this the usual procedure in Bahrain ?

It depends on the company, you can request the company to send it, make sure you read all the terms on the contract and then sign it. DO NOT hurry and sign a contract ask them all the doubts you have does not matter even if it is a silly question, ASK it  and then if you get a proper reply then go ahead. We have seen several cases where people without reading a contract have signed it and then when some issues arises employer gives up saying it was mentioned in the contract and you did not read it

T&R

Hi LogicalIndian,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Infact my question on getting an Engineer visa, can he bring his wife and kids under his sponsorship ?
Or do we have any other clause to sponsor his family ?

Also, do you have any link which states the different types of visa available for skilled professionals ?
         any link/document on limited and unlimited contract details ?

Thanks,