Benefits of get PACS

Dear all...
In some week, maybe new season of my life in France will be going good.
Because in march I am going to get my carte de sejours, its mean I can get what people get in France.
But there something make me a bit doubt, that why I need help from of you my best friends to give me information.

1. If I got PACS on march 2015, am I going to get carte de sejours (CDS) on march 2016, or I have to wait some months ?
2. If I got CDS, am I going to get benefit as my partner get, like health insurance, etc.
3. If I got CDS, am I going to get what my partner had ? I am sorry like money, etc.
*because my partner always said to me, I dont need to looking for get job, just help me.
In fact even I helped in daily, I feel there something wrong with my future.
Thats why I need information , so I can make decision what will I do after I get CDS.
Merci beaucoup..

Hi kaseps

who is living in France en ce moment? You or your partner?

Probably read more about PACS but I knew it has almost the same right with us, French spouses.

There are so many things to consider.

Is your partner French?

Dear katchie, my partner is frech.
So i want to know what will happen to me when i get CDS?
Is just to make me legal in france or i have another benefit from my partner including money?
So i can decide what would do next .....
Merci
Btw about read PACS, i cant speak french, so its hard for me to understand 😊

Money?

well money is not free hehe or being given by any government just because you are a new french resident.

CDS will just allow you to stay in France legally, enroll in card vitale (health insurance from govt), participate in the offers of OFII as immigrants, and great private health card if your partner is working in a good company.

and you can work also..

I dont understand your query about the money.. money from where?

I too want to apply for Pacs in October.  My boyfriend and I have been together since Last September.  We will apply for Pacs this October.  Did you go to your local Marie for the proper paper work ?

Dear
Its not about i am interested about money,
But my partner want me to not to work even i got CDS,
Thats why i asked is there a law that PACS make your money is mine and your house is mine?
So after i know clearly, i can decided that i follow it or no..
Btw thanks innformation about health insurance.

Alright.
I have been in a PACS for two years with my fiancé ( our choice before we get married since its like being married)

For me i have a lot of french benifits as i am FRENCH by blood from my mothers side.
So i didn't need any french health care or anything as I had it before my PACS.

What I do know if if you get into a PACS IF your partner is WORKING you will get to benifit through their health care. Your name would be "added" to there care plan, normally. This is how it worked for others I know.

It helps with TAXES for an example I am not working only my fiancé is and pretty much end of year taxes are cut in almost half this is since we did the PACS.
You will not get any money from the goverment your self though.

In france in order to get any sort of goverment help for money you need to work and lose your job from a CDI normally or a certain number of months from a CDD and this means your are in chomage and for a year they may you... this is probably the only way you can get any direct money or "free" money from the french goverment but you need to..WORK!!

As you do not work but would live with your partner or even if you did work but did live with your partner depending on the income of everyone living in the place this means the goverment could help or add if she already has to her aide for paying her lease for aprtement/house ..  this is at the CAF and APL but not everyong can depend on it. me and my fiance ended up with more money for aide of payment of the lease when we did pacs we didnt know we would get that. but this isnt personal use money either.

IN A PACS you are due to pay ANY DEBT that you or your partner has... like in marriage almost...
if she in in debt and can not pay IT IS YOUR JOB TO DO IT same if you are in DEBT and you can not pay it she has to DO IT. this goes for everything money wise and payment wise. PACS is almost like getting married.. a lot of french people like me and my bf do it before marriage or gay couples do it instead of marriage as you get many benifits as if you were almsot married with a contract easier to break if needed.... it takes trust though as any debts will be on your back.

"Thats why i asked is there a law that PACS make your money is mine and your house is mine?" <-- that sounds so sketchy... sorry i needed to bring that up. HER MONEY is never going to be yours unless you get a JOINT bank account -.- HER MONEY is HER money. HER HOUSE is HER HOUSE. unless she has DEBT then that is both of yours. the only way her house could end up yours is if she passed away.

"So i want to know what will happen to me when i get CDS?
Is just to make me legal in france"
If you have a significant other in France, you can get PACSed whenever you want and after a year of living together you will be eligible for a carte de séjour (CDS) that allows you to work (vie privée et familiale). If you don't have proof of living together for a year - which can start BEFORE you get PACSed - you can get a CDS that allows you stay in France, but not work (visiteur). But remember that you need to have a long-stay visa (type D) before you can receive either CDS. "

"The non-EU/EEA spouse and dependent family members of an EU citizen in France are entitled to the same rights as an EU citizen to live in France, however within two months of arrival in the country they must apply for a residence permit (Carte de Séjour) and will not be entitled to all rights afforded EU/EEA citizens in France."

Olive France wrote:

I too want to apply for Pacs in October.  My boyfriend and I have been together since Last September.  We will apply for Pacs this October.  Did you go to your local Marie for the proper paper work ?

here is a link to help a bit. http://france.angloinfo.com/family/marr … of-a-pacs/

pretty much do all the papers that it says to do in the link and get all that together and go to the court in your city.

Merci Alikat for very detail explanation to me, its very clear .

So now I a bit understand about what happened to me,

As a i told you before, that even I got CDS, she want me not to work and she never told what her plan for me when I dont work.
I dont hope government give me money ☺, but we just PACS not marriage so if I dont work its mean I dont have income for my future and I am afraid if there's worst thing happened to us like separated, its mean I dont have nothing so my life wil ended in street 😓.
Its normal as an expat, I always dreaming  about how to be survive and success.
Btw, I am kind people of hard-working ☺ and always got money by self, so when I decided to go to france and no need to work, its hard for me to accepted.
Sorry a bit sharing.

Ohh .. I am sorry alikat but I don't understand about your last statement.
Visa type D, EU\EAA
Merci
Bon journée

Alikat explained all.. Bravo!

Thats the term I didnt know - chomage... The money govt gives to you if u were kicked out of work.. Like it's money from heaven hehe!

I feel you... Of working then suddenly not working and depending on ur partner.. But it is all communication between of you. To work or not to work will be your personal call..

But as immigrants, OFII will help us integrate with the society. You will have it, it seems you will be immigrants (another nationality entering in france).. They give us 90hr of french lessons and 2 seminars.. Then find yourself a work in pole emploi.. Work is really like finding on ur own but at least they had given us formation. Because even french citizens are in difficulty in finding a job, what more for non french speakers like us? So be prepared.

Thank you for understanding me ☺.
So I have to prepare and get strategy by my self to face very hard live in france....
Bon courage

Tell your partner you MUST work. Why wouldn't she want you to work? You need to!! A PACS is easy to break when she wants it done.. unlike marriage there is no need for a divorce and all that... if you have no job and she wants you OUT you would be in the streets. I advise you not to go to a country you do not know and not work. It's the worst and you would be in a lot more trouble it's not worth it!!

Also Visa type D, EU\EAA...

Visa TYPE D is needed in order to get a CDS normally. It just means you can be in France for more that 90 days..
EU member means you're in the european union.

Thank you very much for information alikat.

It's strange that your girlfriend don't want you work... Does she love you truly??? I'm sorry to ask you that but... And a foreigner no-EU who doesn't work is not well seen in France...

Hi Steffifi
I don't know is it gift for me ☺because I am a good man and get very kind partner and had everything, or its a temptation for me .
But you know as a new couple she dont want miss a good moment with me to get lunch and dinner together.
Or maybe after some years she's allowed mr to work, but time is running...

Any couple who is a strong couple both work.
When working you still have weekends... or day off... you can have dinner after work and lunch on weekends or even during work depending your hours and where you work.
When she works you will most likely work so I dony understand why you wouldn't. .. it's a bit odd how she would want you too.
The longer you don't work and your CV stays empty for years the harder future work will be to find. In France if thé woman or one person in the relationship works an the other don't be prepared to be judged. And the day it doesn't work between you if this day comes you will surely be homeless.

I'm a good woman and work.  Many people sre good people that's no excuse.

Great opinion, and I know you are good woman ☺, because I can feel when you give opinion.

Btw thats why I asked what I got after PACS, because I have to make decisions for my future.

Okay :) well I wish the best for you and whatever decisions you make. Be sure and try to make the ones that will benifit you in the long term.
Good luck