Hello! Anyone here been married to a Filipina?

Good day! I'm new here! Just wanted to ask if anyone here have been married to a filipina in the Philippines?

Hello Marian and welcome to Expat.com :)

If you have queries about marriage, I suggest you browse this thread :

Getting married in Romania

Other threads talking about formalities of marriage can be found in the forum section :

> Formalities and procedures in Romania

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

kenjee wrote:

Other threads talking about formalities of marriage can be found in the forum section :

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hello! =) I was hoping to find some answers because we wanted to get married here in the Philippines... And I was wondering what requirements does he need in order for us to get married..

Marian00001 wrote:
kenjee wrote:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hello! =) I was hoping to find some answers because we wanted to get married here in the Philippines... And I was wondering what requirements does he need in order for us to get married..

It would be best to create a thread in the Philippines forum itself then.

Check out the Formalities forum section of the Philippines forum for infos regarding marrying foreigners.

All the best

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Ah! Im sorry! Wrong forum then :(

@ Marian0001 >

Your topic is now on the Philippines forum. :)

Thanks,

Priscilla

Oh! Why thank you sweets! Didn't know what to do! You're an angel! xx

Hi,

Do you have any preferred place to get married?
I have a friend who's a wedding planner.

Cheers

Marian00001 wrote:

Good day! I'm new here! Just wanted to ask if anyone here have been married to a filipina in the Philippines?

Hi Marian,

I am Australian & got married to my sweet Filipina in January 2016. The requirements are simple. Visit your local Mayor's office to obtain the requirements.  You basically need birth certificate, CENOMAR & depending on your age, you may require a letter of consent from either of your parents. The other form required is from your partner, as he will need to complete a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) from his Embassy. Just have him download the form, on the Embassy site, complete & arrange the necessary appointment to complete & collect the CNI. After we had all the necessary forms or letters, we took all to the local Mayor's office & 10 days later had our marriage licence approved. Then you can arrange for a church, marriage celebrant or Mayor to perform the wedding. Make sure you return to the Mayor's office to complete the licence for processing with the NSO. Visit the NSO about 2 weeks later to obtain a copy of the marriage, before changing your ID's, like diving, SSS, Postal & others. Hope this helped with the basics. Go to the Mayor's office to get the requirements.

hi, I'm married to a Filipina.

Married a Filipina on November 8, 2015.
We did a civil wedding with the local Mayor officiating. There were too many requirements for a church wedding.
Can give details on forms and requirements if you are looking at a civil ceremony.

yes, i am.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Irrelevant to initial post.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Most

Hi Marian,
I am assuming that one of you is a Filipina, and that being the case ABCDeVil is correct in what he says, a few minor variations, but they are based on where you are applying.
In regard to the NSO, to get a full copy of your marriage document, you can do that online now, and you have the document in a few days.
You definately need the CNI's, and the foreign one is only acceptable if it is done by your embassy here in the Philippines.
Yes, the local Mayor will marry you, no hassles, and it is all nice and formal; you can apply for the license, and make arrangements at your local Municipal Hall.
There is one thing, to some, may be a bit of a laugh, but you have to see family planning, and get a certificate of attendance from them, but that's OK.
I don't know where you will get married, but if like us, in the Provinces, the reception cost us 160 peso per head, and was fine.

I notice a couple of people mentioned dismay, about themselves, but like everything, if you are marrying for all the right reasons, and the right person, it doesn't matter where you are, or who you are, it will be fine.

If one of you is Filipina, and the other from elsewhere, it may serve you well to check out online about getting married in Hong Kong, and once that is all done and signed, and you have your marriage certificate, you can fly into Manila, and in consideration that one of you is Filipina, you request a Balikbayan Visa at the immigration checkpoint, and you get a 12 month visa with no hassles, a lot easier.
Rob

Yes I have been married for 20years now 15years in London then I retired and moved to Cagayan de  pro Philippines. Why do you ask.?

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : promoting your services on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello, I am married to a filipina for 22 years. We are currently living in California but will be moving to Tagaytay this year. We bought three lots 13 years ago and are now ready to build our retirement home there. The weather there is Great and the economy here is too good to pass up. Our US dollar goes a long way plus all my wife's family is here too. We can't wait till we can start out our life here in paradise! Hope you connect if you want to chat and know more.

tsprings1 wrote:

Hello, I am married to a filipina for 22 years. We are currently living in California but will be moving to Tagaytay this year. We bought three lots 13 years ago and are now ready to build our retirement home there. The weather there is Great and the economy here is too good to pass up. Our US dollar goes a long way plus all my wife's family is here too. We can't wait till we can start out our life here in paradise! Hope you connect if you want to chat and know more.

im happy for you my friend. enjoy ur stay  ;)

This all looks spot on.  I married my lovely Filipina wife in 2016 as well :)