New to Beijing, landed for the third day, help!

Hi I'm a Chinese-Canadian, new to Beijing for the third day, I'll be staying for a year in this city!  I live in the Dongzhimen area and would like to make some friends so that we can possibly drink out or etc to kill some time...pls drop me a reply...:P

Bumbum hi, What are you doing on Tues 7 Dec?

We will be meeting at Flames Bar, Hilton Wangfujing. It is fairly close to DOngzhimen.

Manlin wrote:

Bumbum hi, What are you doing on Tues 7 Dec?

We will be meeting at Flames Bar, Hilton Wangfujing. It is fairly close to DOngzhimen.

Hey Manlin, sounds great, I most likely could attend, but what kind of gathering is this and with who?  thx!

Bumbum hi, so as not to turn this into a blatant advertisement I have sent you a private message with the info.

hey~!

welcome to beijing

I'm a Singaporean Chinese Guy, also new to this city.

I dun mind a new friend to catch up with for drinks!

Call me,

CHeers
Adrian

apgoh wrote:

hey~!

welcome to beijing

Call me,

CHeers
Adrian

Hey Adrian, nice to meet you and welcome to BJ...so where are you staying now?   I'm in Raffles City for my first month, that's right on top of Dongzhimen station, see if u by any chance around.  Life is tough over here, I'm working for one Beijing-based investment firm and my Mandarin sucks, their use of English is nearly zero and how the hell am I able to interpret those investment terms in Chinese...and I cant listen well too.   Do u or anyone who's reading this have the same issue?   :(

Manlin wrote:

Bumbum hi, so as not to turn this into a blatant advertisement I have sent you a private message with the info.

Hey Manlin, I'm most likely ok to join, I'm bored to death, thx for the invitation, let me get back to u in private about the payment and stuffs...thx once again!

bumbum wrote:
apgoh wrote:

hey~!

welcome to beijing

CHeers
Adrian

Hey Adrian, nice to meet you and welcome to BJ...so where are you staying now?   I'm in Raffles City for my first month, that's right on top of Dongzhimen station, see if u by any chance around.  Life is tough over here, I'm working for one Beijing-based investment firm and my Mandarin sucks, their use of English is nearly zero and how the hell am I able to interpret those investment terms in Chinese...and I cant listen well too.   Do u or anyone who's reading this have the same issue?   :(

Hi,

I stay at West 4th Ring Road, Pretty Far off, but i usually go to Chaoyang area to look for friends.

I agree, usually their business english is bad. In the end, half my workload is translation.

Google Translate does do a good job thou, and I do have an english-chinese technical dictionary lying around.

Take more notes, or use a voice recorder. After all, part of being in China is about improving your chinese.

Hey Adrian, but what kind of firm do u work in?  If you're working in a foreign-bsed firm I think its ok, cuz Eng is an int'l language & they suppose to know some...mine is a Beijing-based, so here's all Chinese and they think that's fine...making me looks so shitty...Hey r u attending the dec 7 event by Manlin at Hilton WangFuChiang?

Hi, maybe I can help you with all the Chinese issue. I'm a local here and majoring in Accounting.~ And my work place is close to Dongzhimen. I don't mind a few chats after work~  So call me at 13811791631~ Cheers!

Hi, For Enlish-Chinese business translation, I can help.