Swimming pool maintenance

We are into the 4th month of our first extended stay in the Dominican. Been great, don't go home for a while yet, but starting to think about our swimming pool. We will be away for a number of months.

Our pool is coated with marmolina;  I am thinking there are two options for our pool, either drain it completely and leave it empty or maintain it with a full level of water and treat with chemicals, as well as circulate the pool water on a routine basis. Maintaining it full will have some costs of course, but I don't know the down side of draining the pool and leaving it empty.

Anyone have any experience they can share?

Sorry I can't help.

Not sure what your exact circumstances are but...here are my two cents...

My understanding of pools thus far is that it will cost you more to empty it...the surface of the pool, the pump/valves/pipes, are not meant to be dry.  A lot of the problems we've had with our pool has been due to the fact that the house sat open for years...My guess is that an inexpensive pool pump timer, and someone local to check the pool once a week would be not too expensive.  We have friends who maintain the pool when we aren't there in exchange for using it...which we like because it makes the house seem 'occupied'...

Maintain it year round.  It will be cheaper and less headaches in the long run

Bob K

Yes, I am thinking that is probably the best path forward. Thanks for the input.