Aaargh! where do i star?!!

Hi everyone!
So ive made the decision after many years of not having the guts to move (try anyway) to UAE. Am a 12 years experienced Home Economics teacher and a single mum to a 3 year old. Would really appreciate some advice on where i would start to look for a teaching job and everything else id need to do. Ive read some advice on here recommending a couple.of agencies to register with so am in the process of doing that.
Is this all possible as a single mum?

Hello,

Well, surely it requires a ton of guts to decide to move along with your junior. As for a teaching job, here's my two cents as a recruiter,

Join linkedin, its a professional network site and upload your full profile there. Not just copy paste your cv, but also use all the options and try your best to make a complete portfolio there. And start adding meaningful connections that you would think will make professional sense. Its not that difficult to add or find a recruiter or two. I could go on and on about the linkedin aspect but if you are already active there and knows the drill, it'll be a waste.

Look up agencies , go through their websites and see whether they deal with your job domain, if education is your domain- see what clients such agencies are already dealing in. Its just an example.

Get to know the cost of living, and I'm sure you do that in the long run considering the junior's expenses starting from the day care , to KG and school fees in a couple of years.

Do note that all legitimate companies and agencies DO NOT charge any fee from any candidate. So if someone asks money or touch such a topic, you should know better that its not legitimate.

If you have any friends that are here, pass your cv now itself and try to touch base with anyone.

Try your best to attest your qualification certificates through your home country embassy or be informed that you will be needed to do those. Sometime you will be asked by the prospective recruiters or employers to provide those for you. Just be prepared to do that. If you have trade memberships or fellowships or such, they would surely make a weight on your profile.

At the end of the day, It all boils down to whether or not your package will be able to sustain your expenses  :) . If you happen to land a skype interview or such, make sure you touch on the insurance benefits, child education as well as accommodation during the interview rounds. If such are not mentioned in writing, my gulf experience says there would be nothing at all over here. Job hunters being taken for various rounds of cheap tricks is quite prevalent. Unfortunately.

Hope it helped :) and feel free to fire any specific questions regarding your linkedin game plan or anything through a message or here.

:)