Marrying to a Brazilian Women

Hello Guys,
                    i have gf from brazil and we want to marry my current location is uae and she in brazil.
i know there are much difficult for a pakistani to get visa of brazil .
so plz let me know what thing is about to do will be easier .
i should do proxy marriage and apply for visa ?
i should invite her here in uae on visit and marry here ?
or something better you expert can advise me .
    plz share your experience
Thanks

Hi A_rehman

I believe that you can easily find the answer to your questions in the main forum topic with the headline of Getting married in Brazil, this detail has been covered extensively by Mr. James and of course has a lot of the other expats experiences mentione as well. 

Furthermore as Mr. James put it, yes the process can be a bit more challenging for Pakistani nationals in comparison to others however it's not impossible.  As a matter of fact if you try and apply for a visa from the UAE, you will have a better chance of getting an approval in comparison to applying directly from Pakistan itself.  As a representative of the Brazilian Embassy in Abu Dhabi has told me in the past the reason why the process is a bit easier while applying from the UAE is because the "expat"  (not necessarily Pakistani, rather all expats) who applies already has a resident visa for the UAE hence they have a greater chance of returning back due to work obligations and all.  The remaining depends on the supporting documents and the skills of the applicant.

All in all though it might be easier for you to invite your girlfriend over to the UAE and get married as opposed to trying to apply for a visa to Brazil and then coming over to do the needful.  The reasons why I suggest this because:

a.  It is easier and much more faster for you to apply for an online touris visa for Dubai for her, which will probably get issued within 48 hours, as opposed to applying for a Brazil Vitur Visa which will take atleast 3 weeks to be issued

b.  If you get married in the UAE you can directly apply for your VIPER visa (permanent visa) directly from the embassy as opposed to coming over to Brazil registering with the Cartorio waiting for atleast 30 days prior to getting a marriage date from the Cartorio and then getting married and afterwards submitting all the documents to the Policia Federal, that too will all depend on the officer who will processing your permanency application here in Brazil. 

This is just my opinion / advice about the full ordeal however everything else as I stated before will depend on the applicant as no 2 processes are applications are the same.  Everyone is unique :)

Good luck and do keep us posted on your experience.

Regards

A_rehman wrote:

Hello Guys,
                    i have gf from brazil and we want to marry my current location is uae and she in brazil.
i know there are much difficult for a pakistani to get visa of brazil .
so plz let me know what thing is about to do will be easier .
i should do proxy marriage and apply for visa ?
i should invite her here in uae on visit and marry here ?
or something better you expert can advise me .
    plz share your experience
Thanks

Proxy marriage won't work for you. The only kind of proxy marriages (casamento por procuração) recognized in Brazil must be arranged through a Cartório here in Brazil. That means that both parties must be present at the Cartório in order to submit all the documents and the party that will not be able to attend the wedding must make the Power of Attorney / Proxy (Procuração). It is not intended for people who are not, or never have been in Brazil.

The only practical option for you is to have your Brazilian girlfriend come to the United Arab Emirates and to get married there. Then she (the Brazilian citizen) is required to register the marriage with the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in the UAE. Once that is done you can apply for a VIPER Permanent Visa based on marriage.

You are absolutely right about one thing, there is almost no chance that as a Pakistani citizen you would be granted a VITUR Tourist Visa that would allow you a long enough stay in Brazil in order to get through the lengthy marriage process here.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Thanks stanza
i really appreciate you reply i also thinking to doing this way ...

Thank you sir James ,
now i have sure what should i need do

Good Luck Rehman bhai

And keep us posted on the process you went through

Regards

Yes i will ...😉
Still not start it yet but i will when i go through it ..thanks

go there and get married, IF you have a resident visa of UAE, apply for business visa in abu dhabi, its fees is just AED 250 and search for the recent event in Brasil and get ur invitation from them (the rotary one) and attach it with your visa application, in sha Allah for sure you will get the VISA for month or multiple 5 yrs

I get it the same way :)
Good luck

Your best choice will be to contacte the Brazilian embassy in your country, they will be able to answer all your questions. Best of luck to you and your girlfriend.

Dallastexas2015 wrote:

Your best choice will be to contacte the Brazilian embassy in your country, they will be able to answer all your questions. Best of luck to you and your girlfriend.

He already got the best answer here. Unfortunately for him he's a Pakistani citizen and Brazil makes it about 20 times more difficult to obtain any category visa for citizens of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, than they do for any other countries on earth. Certainly on a first ever application for a visa they never get one that would allow a stay long enough to get through the lengthy and complicated marriage process here.

That's exactly why I advised him to have his Brazilian girlfriend go there and marry him.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Yes ..thanks sir james 😄..i will do exactly what will be done with sure ...i also noticed that is quite difficult for me as pakistani citizen to be welcome with pleasure 😉to any other country ....but i will however it could be legally to get through ....in truely i proud to be pakistani 😉😉...thanks for helping me you guys all and i hope you guys will be in touch

A_rehman,

I'm sure you'll find a way. Keep faith, it's extremely difficult, but not impossible. There are a few of your countrymen who have managed to come here and get married. Hopefully one of them will see your posting and offer you some personal insight as to how they managed to overcome the obstacles.

In the meantime you may want to check the Brazil expat network:  https://www.expat.com/en/network/south-america/brazil/

In the Nationality box, select Pakistani. In the Status box, select Expatriate, Age and Gender boxes, select ALL.

Cheers,
James
https://www.expat.com Experts Team

Thank you very much sir james for this precious  information ...