Best cities to live in the United Arab Emirates

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to the United Arab Emirates. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in the United Arab Emirates.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

You can't have it all in the UAE!!
Great job...Good quality of living.... affordable cost of living...these don't come in one pack.
If you want a great job then live in Abu Dhabi! if you want peace and quite with decent level of living then live in Al Ain!! and if you want some fun and night life then live in Dubai.
Some like me choose to live in Al Ain, work in Abu Dhabi and spend some odd weekends in Dubai.

Regards

Abudhabi

Try sharjah

Sharjah is cheaper as per living point I mod view and easy to go anywhere.

Al Ain...of course...
No sweaty humidity...
..next door to beautiful mountainous Oman..

Are there lots of jobs going thee? Sounds like my kind of place...

Al ain is far away from Dubai or any other city. Al ain is a desert. Don't go there, no life.

Sharjah's traffic is horrible! To and fro to work is nearly impossible to be punctual if you're driving

Abu Dhabi and Al Ain best for stay.

If you have job in Dubai, you will stay in al ain or Abu Dhabi, it doesn't make sense. You are in UAE to make some money for your family not for entertainment. Right

Sharjah is the only city where people are living and working in Dubai. And also very affordable city to live with family.

Alain is 200 km far from Dubai and Sharjah is just attached with Dubai and 5 meter  away from Dubai.

Job in DXB and living in AUH?U know what this mean,every day up and down?!Best way to work and live in same cityAbu Dhabi more restrictive but In Dubai u can have more fun!

Dubai Dubai and Dubai  ...no place else

Well it all comes to the kind of life one lives. You preference in life will determine the city you want to live. Dubai has all the luxury thereby attracting more and more people. Abu Dhabi being the capital will be a place to be if you looking for decent work and a less stressful life.  Sharjah is also another place to be, as accommodation is much cheaper there but has the worse traffic ever.

Al Ain

If you want lots of action, a good night life and expensive living, live in Dubai.  If you want a modern city that is less hectic than Dubai, but as expensive, live in Abu Dhabi.  If you want a quiet life with very little action, less traffic and cheaper cost of living than both Dubai and Abu Dhabi, live in Al Ain, Fujairah, Ajman, Um Al Quwain or Ras Al Khaimah.  If you want to live in a place cheaper than Dubai and Abu Dhabi with good shopping, lots of good amenities and restaurants, but with a horrendous traffic problem, live in Sharjah.

Guys , Dubai is the leader , all others cities are coming second . If you are planning to extend as expat your stay in UAE , the choose Dubai , no need to go back home country often , all other cities are nice , calm , depends what kind of life you are looking to spend in this country .
A.M.

We have lived in Al Ain for 3.5 years now and for us it is miles better than the other two. When my husbands workplace changed from Al Ain to AD we contemplated moving but decided to stay in Al Ain. It is the real UAE but only 1.5 hours from either Ad or Dubai.

Al Hamra - Ras Al Khaimah, rent is a lot lower than other Emirates, the pace of life is chilled, and the beaches and coastline is the best! A much better quality of life can be enjoyed here than in comparison to Dubai where the constant round the clock activity drains you.....

If you are with your family and you want a quiet and beautifully landscaped city, free from heavy traffic, Al Ain is the only choice for you.

Dubai is the best for me ! I love Dubai Marina !

How is Ras Al Khaimah?