Best cities to live in Saudi Arabia

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Saudi Arabia. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Saudi Arabia.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Generally the the three major cities are Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam. In these cities the job opportunities and options are greater for expatriates. Regarding to the quality of life. In these cities, one could live very decently or lavishly, according to ones tastes and affordabilities.

Other Cities such as Yanbu and Jubail Industrial cities are mainly industrial and professionaly oriented, meaning the majority of residents are employees in the manufacturing dvision.

- For businessmen/businesswomen and doctors, I say Riyadh, Jeddah, and then Dammam.

- For jobs in the manufacturing division (petrochemicals, fertilizers, food processing, etc.), Jubail Industrial City and Yanbu Industrial City are the places to go to,

I looking job...

Eastern Province

Khubar

Khobar, Riyadh, Dammam, Jeddah....

Julien wrote:

Hi,

Its not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Saudi Arabia. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Julien

yea, one just cannot move here you know.

Hopefully it doesn't give people the wrong impression :D

hi..
I always loved..JEDDAH
Its developing now and more job oportunities too I believed
The seafront is the best place to have a break...
cultural-wise,its more easy going there than any other parts of KSA.
believed me..you will love Jeddah besides any other cities

Khubar ( on the gulf side) is the best it is close to Saudi Aramco way more clean than Dammam ( 20 Km from Dammam), more expats live there. and it is close to Bahrain as you can cross the causeway in 45 min if it is not weekend.   

Jeddah (on the red sea side) is not clean, driving is horrible there but people are more friendly. and business is based on trading, manufacturing and whole sales.

Riyadh, ( in the middle of the desert), a big city, great for women's' shopping, full of malls. driving is horrible there, people are way less friendly and business is based on government projects, banking and telecom.

hope this would help you.

regards

Maher Tabbaa

Hi. it all depends on, at what stage of life you are in Saudi Arabia, I have lived in Khobar/Dammam area for 13 years, good place if you have family kids......less congested but if you have targets in life to achieve, there are some dreams to make them true, then I recently fell in love with Riyadh, its been 1 year and I just love it with all its hellish traffic issues, still great city, love being here.

Khobar is a province of Dammam.

HI,
IT DEPENDS ON YOU WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU LIKE,I LIVE IN RIYADH FROM LAST 33 YEARS BUT I LIKE TO LIVE IN MAKKAH ALMUKARAMA/AL MADINA ALMUNAWARA.

God bless you

Dammam & Khobar

Riyadh, Jeddah and Dharan

riyadh

Eastern Province is Province of Saudi Arabia and Dammam is capital, khobar is rather modern city due to the existence of Aramco......

Jeddah👍👍👍

The best city to live in Saudi Arabia is Al-khobar

1-Madinah Munawwarah
2-Buraidah

Not to consider as any other country of GCC. Adapting to the protocols needs the mind set tuned to a level apart and above.

Once done its heavens.

AL-JUBAIL

Its not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Saudi Arabia. According to you, what are the best cites to live in ? for children education Riyadh is No.1  Best school available,for job also Good.

It depends on which category you come.

As mention by some of them there are three Major cities. Riyadh, Jeddah & Dammam. Alhmaudllah i live in all the cities.

Riyadh - Good Pay scale, Most head office and Job opportunities.
Jeddah - Near to Masjid Haram & Madina is not far too, Good Social Life, AL Baik  :D  , Of Cornish.
Dammam - Khobar - Very near to Bahrain  ;)  , you have option to work in Dammam and Stay in Bahrain or Khobar, Decent People and Organize city.

Now you need to choose from above and find job accordingly.

Jeddah
Khobar
Dammam

Khobar

Makkha  and  Madina the  Holy cities.

MAKKAH

Hello my dear,, the best place is khobar- eastern province,, I advice you for it,, but if you're looking for more money and bigger companies just go to Riyadh

Regards,
Mohammed

Jeddah is my love and hometown, born and brought up in Jeddah... always found it
my hometown... easy to approach anywhere with lot of amenities and local
attraction, second I would say Dammam... Never Riyadh.. Riyadh weather is always DRY needs of lot of moisturizer cream.

I am not sure what line of work would you like to explore and where are yo from. Have you considered the new KAEC.net north of Jeddah?
Best of luck! Josef

Al khobar
There's all city's is very goods to leave here in
Saudi Arabia but if you wanted to spend your
Precious time in Saudi just finding you're
Job in al khober city which is very green and sun
Shining all the time if you're felling well go to
the beach which is very interesting otherwise
If you want to go Bahrain just cross the border
Through the bridge which is very huge and
Enjoyable

Jeddah is the one of the best city    here you can get all sort of  things at reasonable rates and and regarding job  you have to search   at ur best .. all varieties of jobs are available.  your luck counts

NO DOUBT  THE MOST  WANTED AND  BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO LIVE

there's non best cities to live in Saudi Arabia. all you have to do is work and earn money here. live in a free and open country but not in Saudi Arabia.
the govt of Saudi Arabia is not granting any rights for an expat to stay and live freely. you are still subject to their 'shariya' rule where everything ungodly and 'haram' to them is sinful.
however, for our brother and system muslim believers, they are open and used to laws of Saudi Arabia. But catholics and Christians who wish to exercise their religious beliefs should stay out of Saudi Arabia lest the religious police 'mutawa' will catch them.
I recommend that Saudi Arabia is the best place to work and earn money religiously. You can devoutly send your earnings in full without tax cut. Saudi Arabia has no nightlife where you will spend your money in  drinking alcohol, going home dui, and other worldly things.

Yawn...anyone else ?

to be honest with you NONE !!!!

eastern province is the best of the worse .

Any opinions on KAEC?

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Off topic! Please Create a new thread