Best cities to live in Puerto Rico

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Puerto Rico. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Puerto Rico.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

We have lived in several areas of or and have explored 3/4 of the main island. The best we have found is Rincon hands down.  35 mins from an airport 25 mins to Sam's club. Rincon is a friendly small surf town and 90% of the people speak English.  We are a small community and everyone helps everyone.  If interested you can also go to friends of Rincon on Facebook . You can also private messages here or private message me on friends of Rincon my name on there is zazoo pitts

I second Rincon and northwest Puerto Rico in general. Very friendly and plentiful expat community, beaches of all types everywhere, plenty of restaurants and food carts, range of housing available (rent and buy), tennis courts, surfing, yoga, Sunday market in plaza, burgeoning Thursday night Art Walk, Spanish classes. Twenty minutes to the Western Mall (Home Depot, Sam's Club, Kmart, multiplex theaters). Two supermarkets in town. People vacation here for a week and then come back the following year for a month, and then ...

I may be prejudice but I find that our little town of Quebradilla is perfect. We have beautiful scenery and beaches and the people genuinely are very friendly. I helps to speak Spanish here but not absolutely necessary since many people even the most unlikely speak English.

We ideally located between Isabela and Camuy and have some good restaurants.  Shopping is not too far away and the breezes from the ocean are superb.  I have truly found my  home here.

Tonie

I really like Rincon, but the house prices are higher there. We love the west side of the island but found a deal on a condo in Fajardo we could not turn down. Fajardo is an area to look at as it is close enough to San Juan but far enough away not to be touristy.

I am happy where I live in Humacao and I also enjoy my waterfront condo in a rural section of Arroyo.  I would also like to have a little spot to hang my hat (and park my car) in Old San Juan.  Why settle for just one place?

I love Condado.  In 2 blocks, I can walk to a great grocery store, 100 doctors of every specialty, MRI and CT machine, laboratories, 25 restaurants and most of them very good, and I live in a high rise with smokin ocean and city views, and I'm an elevator ride and 40 steps from the beach.  5 blocks and we have the Theater of Fine Art, cinema, la Placita, dance clubs, and over 100 great restaurants. Don't even need a car. 

Rincon is great, I'd probably prefer there so as to have a house, pool, and calmer ocean.  It is certainly more tranquil, and beautiful.

We currently live in Rincon and love it. We are 35 mins to the airport(bqn) 25 mins to Sam's club etc in mayaguez. Mayaguez also has a small airport that you can get a flight to San Juan.  We rent a 3 bedroom 2 bathrooms with ocean views from the front and back of our house we have a cistern and solar hot water tank and our water is included we pay $500 a month. We are 10 mins to beaches town center and supermarket. We are located in the mountains cruces area of Rincon.  People are very friendly and helpful .Most people speak English in Rincon. Which is a plus for me .I speak no Spanish. We have lived in joyuda Cabo .Rojo and arecibo mountains area before moving to Rincon.  Rincon can be reasonable priced if you come to rent when the snowbirds aren't here. It's all about timing.  Please feel free to private message me if you have any questions.  We have been to 3/4 of the main island so we are familiar with a lot of areas