Best cities to live in the Philippines

He might be wrong about the people, but not the bombings.

List the bombings over the last ten years?

Seem to recall one more recently than that.

Hi. Please tell me more about Canal . Is it easy to get to grocery stores in the gyms this is what i will miss most from united states of days access to grocery stores and gyms and internet could you please come and i'll let my wife and i are interested in renting a 2 bedroom apartment for 2 bedroom house thanks craig currently we live in bohol

Please tell me something about your area i just arrived in the philippines to get married i'm staying in bohol i miss easy access to grocery stores general transportation and gyms to workout in i am 65 and my wife to ps 47

Hi,

It's is really a personal matter on which city you should settle in when moving to the philippines. For me Manila is the best as it allows me to conduct my business with as much ease as possible. Living in other cities wou'll feel a drawback when it comes to technology that we come to see as basic amenities like internet.
If you're looking for a job, do it before you arrive in the philippines. once you're hee you'll be on a tourist visa, not a working visa and it will make it harder for you to apply for a job. There are many jobs in development done by several NGOs that you can look for online, depending on your country of origin.

Best,

Could you tell me more.

tn101112 :

Puerto Princesa City, Palawan.  Best kept secret.  Happy to answer any questions you may have.

As for jobs, not sure what you want to do? 

Joe

How do three important factors compare to other parts of The Philippines?
1. Weather
2. Cost of Living and land/Property/Rental Prices
3. Safety and Security.

Thank you.

Something cold and near mountains-Baguio (strawberries)

If you're more on beautiful beaches. Cebu (mangoes, roasted pig, & dried fish!) and Palawan (have lots of cashew nuts) are the best! Cebu is more urban though.

Urban-rural - Davao City (delicious fruits too such as durian and marang)

Rural country side- Bukidnon (pineapples and fresh cow milk)

Dess73 :

Something cold and near mountains-Baguio (strawberries)

If you're more on beautiful beaches. Cebu (mangoes, roasted pig, & dried fish!) and Palawan (have lots of cashew nuts) are the best! Cebu is more urban though.

Urban-rural - Davao City (delicious fruits too such as durian and marang)

Rural country side- Bukidnon (pineapples and fresh cow milk)

For sure there are many-many great places to live here. We are about a two hour drive North of Manila and living a very rural area about 10km from Angeles City. Far enough to be out of the traffic and rush but still close enough to go the the malls and restaurants etc. We've been here almost 15 years now and still love the area. Just pays to explore a bit before settling into any given area.

I am not competing with any filipino. I will be working here because company required polish native speaker for OT project. My friend also works here because they couldn't find filipino for his position.

Hello,

Me and my boyfriend are going to move to Palawan. We both work online, so we need internet and of course we want to rent a nice place with facilities. Do you recommend something?

Thanks

Annapriori :

Hello,

Me and my boyfriend are going to move to Palawan. We both work online, so we need internet and of course we want to rent a nice place with facilities. Do you recommend something?

Thanks

Sorry, no idea of places to rent there. Best to get a hotel for a few days and just hit the streets in a cab and ask around.
For working online you will need to get connections with two different providers as internet is not reliable here in any way. A generator is needed for work as power can go out for hours at a time without notice or reason.

I read your reply to a subscriber. I am interested in learning more about living in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan. My back ground is that I am married to a Flipinan from Mindinonw. We live in Tagabliran, Bohol. I am finding it to be a okay city as far as shopping for daily needs but boring. I am hopeful to find a place here in the Philippines with more to do such as gyms, beaches and restaurants.

Why do you prefer Puerto Princesa City to Dumagette?

Simply put tired of writing and sharing, if you want to talk via voice send me a message and I'll share Fb with you so we can chat!

Davao City, an contrary to the popular belief, its a very safe city to live in.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : Posting same external links everywhere
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi. I would enjoy talking live. I am not sure if we are allowed to give text numbers on this site. My text number is *** and email is ***. My wife and I are getting interested in Dumaguete now and or Tagaytay. I would very much appreciate listening to your advise. Sincerely, Craig Cothren. I am on FB.

Moderated by Bhavna 11 months ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello American guy married to a Cebuana for 12 years. Looking to buy a house on Cebu Island possibly Argao. Recently sold our land that we had on Lapu Lapu / Mactan.  Anyone familiar with Argao. Had also been recommended to look at Bohol, Davao City and Dumaguete but really want to stay closer to Cebu City as that is where my wife is from. Currently back in US. Looking to retire next 5-6 years.

I'm visiting Puerto Princesa early May please tell me more about why you live there.

I live here in Metro Manila for 40 years , so i can say i m credible enough to advise where  is the best place to move in for Expats. first is in Makati ,, why thats where the work are located, the business centers is operated there, the streets are ic wider compared to BGC which is super traffic almost every time.... 2nd the condos prices ranges from 300- 400 dollars a month for a 20-25 per sqm.. im a real estate broker so i should know better... )   if you like to rent for a house its around 600 dollars but aounr 45 minutes away from Makati...   if you have some questions dont hesitate to ask me.. thanks

I want to add to my post under the username boondocker last May 2017. I forgot to add Davao to my list. I lived there for a total of 1 year...6 months in 2008 and 6 months in 2016. I like it. Of the 3 major metro areas in the Phils (Davao, Cebu, or Manila) Davao may have the highest quality of life. The problem I have with it is I like to drive my car on road trips. It's nice all wheel drive SUV. I only say this because I might draw some attention being white in areas with few foreigners. Davao is safe to drive around no problem, but I don't think it's particularly safe to be driving all around Mindanao. Maybe from Davao to CDO or Surigao is ok.  A road trip for me is all about going to beautiful places in nature, I don't want to have a concern in the back of my mind about the possibility of being kidnapped for ransom in which driving around many places in Mindanao is a possibility even if not likely.

I live in the Ayala area of Cebu City. It reminds me of Makati. Traffic is bad, but not Manila bad, and from Cebu, it's centrally located and easy to drive, fly, or take a boat many places. It has decent weather, not too much rain or wind. Davao has really good weather too with not too much rain that is evenly distributed throughout the year. Also of the 3 largest metro areas, Manila has the highest cost of living, Davao the lowest.

For those that are not interested in driving around Mindanao, which is almost everyone, Davao would probably be my favorite place to live.

I also lived in Legaspi Village, Makati for a year. If you mostly just hang out and walk around close to home, you can't beat it. But I like to drive and go places. Because of the traffic, it's difficult. So bad I park the car and take a taxi. However, if you're going south towards Tagaytay, the Batangas beaches, Puerto Galera, it's pretty easy because you're at the very south end of Makati where there is a freeway. If you want to go to other places in the city or north of Manila It can be done if you have 2 or 3 extra hours depending on the time of day, just to drive from Legaspi Village through Manila.

10 years ago It used to be easy with light traffic if you left at 3 am. Now even at 3 am give yourself 1 hour:)

boondocker :

Hi, I have lived and traveled all over the Philippines for 7 years.

For safety...Subic Bay Freeport Zone

For best weather...Tagaytay

For girls...Cebu

For beach living...Panglao

For bars and party...Angeles City

If you have a need for the luxuries of home, I would say Davao is the best place to live especially if you drive. Wide roads, places to park, so much better than Manila or Cebu. If you would like to be close to everything and like to walk, Legaspi Village in Makati can't be beaten.

Other than that I would go to a place such as Iloilo City or Bacolod City as the best medium-size cities.

A couple of smaller places that are nice are Subic Bay Freeport Zone, in the Olongapo area and Valencia in the Dumaguete area.

If you want to live a simple, low-cost life and don't need or care about many luxuries, then there are beautiful small towns in the provinces all over the Philippines. Men usually choose this option if they have a Filipina wife and they enjoy living by her family sometimes on the same land next door.