Best cities to live in Ireland

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Ireland. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Ireland.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Depends a lot on what you're looking for. I live in Cork for almost 5 years, and this is a very international city, a lot of big companies always hiring language-specific people. The fact that Cork is small has it's perks and flaws, if you live in the center you don't even need a car, though, you'll stumble with people you know every single day (which can be good and bad). Nowadays the rents in Ireland are increasing a lot, and that could be also a factor to move to Cork. Dublin, for what I heard, has become almost impossible to live in...

Very open to what you define as 'best'. Cheapest? Safest? Most crowded? :)

Dublin is quite saturated but if you move to the countryside you can have a pretty decent life without dependencies on 'city centre' (areas like Dun Laoghaire, Skerries, Wicklow, and so on).

Outside Dublin you have Athlone, Cork, Galway, and counties such as Donegal which are pretty fantastic in landscape and quality of life (live well, safely for a fraction of what you would spend in Dublin). The downside is the lack of job offers in major companies and multinationals, but that's an option you can make and you could also setup your own business if that appeals to you.

There're tons of information about ireland on .e-dublin.com.br

Hope this helps!

Dublin

Dublin is the best plenty of work cheap accommodation lovely weather all year around

hani78 wrote:

lovely weather all year around

what?

I'm pretty sure hani78 was joking.  :)