Relocating to Muscat

Hello,

I will be moving to Muscat by end Feb 2011.

I would like to know if the expat community in Muscat is big and if the atmosphere there is good, are there any expat gatherings...?

Thanks

Well..
myself didnt see any gathering or activities..but i wish that we can arrange for meeting or some activities...

cheers,

Laura
any gathering for expats (not in particula, mix nationalities)in oman? is it allowed for the expats in this forum to join those gathering? what about the activities?

i would be happy to know, if any...:)
cheerz,

hello, Muscat is big but not that big - the expat community soon know who is in town. It a very beautiful country and the omanis are friendly - slightly too friendly if you are female!! nightlife is good and the diving is second to none - i have yet to even snorkel and not see a turtle. there are loads of clubs and parties if that is your thing. quite a few bands to see. as with all places it is what you make of it - the summer is a killer though - over 50 but you just jump from shade to shade and ac to ac - good time to go to the movies as the ac in there is dam freezing - ice rink good too tee hee

Thanks Teacher123, I just came back from a first 3 day visit to Muscat prior my final move in mid february.
Unfortunatly couln't find a house yet... been looking for a maximum budget of 400 OR...

I hope I can get your contacts as soon as I move there.

Hope to see you all there next month!

RO.400 is a huge budget Hich.. you can get a big flat nowadays. Just saw a flat neat the oman post in MBD.. 400.. gud one to go.. the number to contact is displayed on the building itself..99445163.. so welcome to Oman!

rent prices are tumbling - my flat has two bedrooms, three bathroom, livingroom and diningroom and kitchen - really nice place and it is 500 a month but that is cos they are getting paid by my work - should be much cheaper if you rent on your own - i live in a really nice area too

oh ok I see,
I am looking for a house because I will be taking my dog with me and I want him to have a little garden/patio...
If you guys know any house in a max 400 budget let me know...
Thanks a lot and looking forward to moving and meeting you